Catch Me If You Can

I rinsed the soap off my body and stepped out of the tub. I toweled myself off and dropped the towel on it's rack before I stepped out of the bathroom. I walked over to my dresser and opened my draw searching for my black panties. I snatched my black bra from the same drawer and pulled that on too. I heard a strangled cough from behind me and I turned to see a cherry red Gray gripped the bed post tightly.

I didn't shriek. I didn't move. I didn't even hit him. As soon as we made contact Gray's eyes widened and I just stared at him as he cringed into the corner of the bed with his hands raised in surrender. " T-that was an accident L-Lucy! I-I swear i-it! Don't kick me!!!! " He yelled and I laughed and put my hand on my hip. " Now why would I hit you Gray? It doesn't matter. I don't love you so you can see whatever you want but if you tell anyone about this and I mean anyone at all, your dead meat, understand? " I said and turned away from him to find my outfit for the day.

" Zeref's really matured you, huh? " He laughed and relaxed on to the bed. " I guess. I was married to that oversensitive, wonderful, amazing- I'm going off on a tangent. Sorry. You don't need to hear this. You came to take me to the guild, right? " I asked and it was then that I saw Gray's expression for the first time. His mouth was in a very stern line and his eyebrows were drawn together. He looked me dead in the eye and I got the feeling that I wouldn't like what he was about to say.

" Lucy it's about- "

" If you were about to say it's about Natsu then don't finish that sentence. Whatever he's doing I want to catch him myself. I gave him a chance to get me back. I want him screw this up on his own. Whatever he's going to do is going to rest solely on his shoulders. " I said and Gray flashed me an impressed smirk. " Zeref really whipped you into shape,huh? I'm sure he got you keyed up sometimes right? He was just a-mage-ing, right Lucy? " Gray asked and I laughed. " Yeah, yeah. Your just as corny as ever Gray. Now let's go. I'm ready. " I said and Gray seemed to notice for the first time that I was finished dressing.

I wore black combat boots with dark blue fishnets. My black skirt rode low on my hips and came to a stop mid thigh. I wore my favorite white T-shirt with the words " Kawaii Girl " printed in purple across the front. A black hoodie draped itself over my body completing my look. " Damn, Luce. Natsu's one lucky son of a bitch. I swear if you weren't married you'd have another problem on your hands. " Gray said and swiped his hand over his mouth. As he stared at me I could practically see the drool hanging from the corner of his mouth. " You mean I'd have two new problems on my hands. You and Juvia are a package deal." Gray laughed nervously but he hugged he mighty and then patted the top of my head.

"All right little miss one man army. Let's get going. Everyone's waiting for you." With that Gray held out his hand and opened the door for me. " What's with the gentleman act? " I asked and Gray flushed a bright red. " Juvia talked me into taking her out on a... date... and I have to brush up on the whole play nice thing. Or she says she'll rain on me forever. " I laughed and took his arm as we walked out the door. " So Juvia finally managed to get a hold of you, huh? Good for you. She'll be good for you. " I said and Gray smiled at me. " I guess so. This is a one time thing anyway and I'm sure after this she'll never speak to me again." I laughed again and squeezed his arm.

" I doubt that. Juvia would never leave her ' Gray-sama'! " I giggled and Gray blushed again and coughed, scratching his bright red neck. " Whatever. " We walked to the guild and came to a stop at the huge doors. " You ready for this, Lucy? " Gray asked and I nodded at him and smiled reassuringly at him. " I'm ready. Whatever it is I'll handle it rationally, okay? But just in case, come with me? Tackle me if I do anything rash, alright? " I asked and Gray smiled. " Irrational is kind of our thing, Lucy, but okay. I've got your back no matter what though you're going to want to kill me when you find out. Ready?"

" Ready. " I coughed, blinked and took a deep breath. " Let's go."