Show Me What You're Made Of

I sat on a tree branch, slowly rubbing a small leaf to specks of ash as it slowly crumbled away on my fingertips. The days seemed to pass in a blur as my training continued, my Uncle slowly retreating into his own mind and leaving me to train myself on occasion. Acnologia had taught me to use my voice as a weapon, my tail, my claws... I could rightly be classified as one of the most dangerous people on the planet. He'd taught me much... most recently how to sit in silence by myself and learn to pick up on a person's thoughts or mood.

That had been two months ago.

Zeref too had become distant and scarce, as if I had scared him away from me. I inhaled and froze as I smelled the scent of cinnamon and fresh berries. It was a smell that had tickled my nose, even when it hadn't been so keen. My voice echoed small and weak as I spoke the name that I'd promised myself never to say again.

" Natsu." I was up off the branch and flying in the direction of his scent without thinking twice, the smell of his fiery blood saturating the forest. I started to smell the scent of mint and forest and I immediately knew that he wasn't alone anymore.

" I smell her!! I can... smell... Lucy. " He shouted and I landed right in front of him, my arms folded beneath my breasts as I glared at him and my former team. " Lucy... It's really-"

" What the hell are you doing here?" I asked and Erza looked taken aback as I barked out my statement, my clawed fingertips digging hard into my flesh as I fought the urge to hit every single one of them. How dare they show up to my sanctuary and disturb my peace!? How dare they squeeze themselves into my heart again!?

I fought the urge to cry as I took in their bruised and bloody faces. " What do you mean what are we- Lucy we came back for you. We came back to... to bring you home. Don't you want to go back and see the guild one more time? Don't you want to stay with your family?" I growled as Gray finished speaking, my hands flaring a bright yellow as my rage began to get the better of me.

" HOME!? FAMILY!? MY FAMILY'S DEAD, GRAY!! ALL DEAD!! MY ONLY FAMILY IS HERE AND I'M NOT GOING BACK TO SOME MURDEROUS GUILD THAT TRIED TO KILL ME!! NEVER AGAIN!! LEAVE!! AND DON'T COME BACK!!" I roared and turned away, my wings stretching as I felt an ache deep in my heart for leaving them behind but I couldn't let them back in, couldn't give them the chance to hurt me again. I knew in my heart that I couldn't handle that kind of pain a second time.

" LUCY!! WAIT!! NATSU IS-" Before Erza could finish her sentence Natsu let out a horrible hacking cough that shook his entire frame, his body propped up against Erza's as a burst of bright red blood projected from his mouth and onto the grass. He opened his eyes and wiped his mouth, smearing blood on his bottom lip and smiled at me, a smile so sweet I could feel my heart squeeze in my chest painfully with the pain he tried to hide behind it.

" We found you, Luce. We finally found... you." He said and smiled but his  eyes closed and the sweetness of the smile began to fade as his heartbeat began to slow down. I leaped over him and bit his neck, blood filling my mouth with it's bitter tang as I forced my blood into his body. He jerked beneath me and gasped but his eyes remained closed, almost as if he were refusing to live.

I released him and licked my fangs clean of his blood. " WAKE THE HELL UP NATSU!!!! " I screamed and he moaned but didn't wake. Small licks of fire caught my clothing but I paid it no mind as I forced my fingers into the wound and gripped his veins and squeezed before releasing and doing it again.

" You're not dying on my , you selfish bastard. Not until I get an answer!!!"