Fever Dreams

Hot. Hot and searing and burning dreams. Pitched higher and faster as they danced across my eyelids. Searing finger prints burned into my flesh, the burn of an iron against the small of my back. I was being fried alive.

I rolled away from the heat, my hands batting at the burns. I moaned when the heat returned, it's presence looming like a shadow. " Lucy? Lucy are you awake? " I heard a soft voice in my ear, a feather light touch on my stomach. " Sister open your eyes. " I slowly opened my eyes and watched blurry figures begin to crowd around me. " Back up everyone, give her some room to breath. " I turned my head and caught sight of a familiar head of orange hair.

" Loke? " I asked with in a scratchy voice. I cleared my throat and tried again. " Loke? " He smiled and took my hand lightly. " I'm here Princess." He squeezed my hand and smiled down at me as I blinked. " What... happened? To me? Where am I?" I asked groggily.

" You're in the room that was your mother's before she left. " Loke said and looked away, a deep ache misting his eyes over with tears. " What happened to me? I remember you saying something like " you died " and then I don't remember anything at all. " I say and Loke flinches as I speak.

" There is a lot that you don't know Lucy. Most of it is about the years you spent here as a child. It's gonna take some time to explain. You sure you still want to hear this? " Loke asks, his face still turned away from me.

" I'm ready." I breathed and he looked at me with unwavering eyes. " It happened just after Layla gave birth to Rumi..."