Dreams of a New Age

My head was pounding. My fingers were throbbing with the blood that had begun to pool in my fingertips. I felt like I was being beaten with a stick. " Keep. Still. " I sighed and opened my eyes, trying to focus past the blur that was my pain and blinked. I had been up in this tree for over 3 hours, hanging by my sore tail as punishment for showing up to my training, courtesy of my pea brained husband.

Zeref and I ( mainly I ) had taken to sleeping in different rooms ( him by force ) so that I could get to training without being distracted. He'd walked in my room, right when I was walking out of the bathroom. Because I thought I was the only one who had a key to my room, and because the door was locked, I walked around in my room without a towel. Needless to say, Zeref got what he wanted and then some. I had been an hour and 15 minutes late, escaping as soon as Zeref fell asleep.

I had made it out of the grassy fields and as soon as my uncle saw me he'd taken me in his jaws and made me hang by my tail in a tree. Hence my current situation. I'd fallen a couple of times and each time I'd landed on my feet, Acnologia would sweep my feet out from under me with his tail of a quick swipe of his claws.

I was exhausted and grumpy as the all the blood in my body began to settle in my head, clogging my throat and making my numb. I could feel myself slipping but the rush of blood and loss of feeling in my legs keeping me from preventing it. " Uncle. " I said softly and fell as my legs and tail gave out, the abused appendage near tearing off.

Acnologia was below me and he looked up as I fell, his maw wide open as he reached for me. He snatched me out of the air and lay me on the ground but he didn't look at me again. " I did this to your mother too, when we were younger and I was... human. She out lasted me. She stayed up there almost 5 hours and even then she didn't come down until she passed out. Layla was the single most amazing woman on the planet. You  remind me of her some much. You two look just alike. " He said and then it hit. Harder then a ton of bricks, faster than a strike of lightning. But it was still as powerful. 

" You were in love with my mother weren't you? " I asked slowly and calmly but he laughed a throaty laugh and nodded his giant head. " You are correct. I held a fierce love for your mother but she could only see my brother. Luke.

When you and your brother were born she began to see me, as Luke had been gone for over 3 years and by that time it was clear that you had the slayer gene. We took care of you until three weeks before the attack when my brother returned to paint a target on the back of our head. It was around that time that I met Zeref and because of my selfish wishes your mother was sacrificed. " The dragon above me sighed, a sigh that carried sorrow and bitterness and an anger so strong that I could feel my heart thud just a little bit harder.

" What do you mean? " I asked him quietly and he chuckled but the sound was harsh and full of a long buried grief. " I had agreed to help stay beside Zeref if he would kill my brother, leaving your mother free to love me. However I should have realized that she would hate me when she found out and the weight of both their deaths eternally rests on my shoulders. " He said and I couldn't stop the slight twitch of my palm.

" So you ordered a hit on your brother because he loved his wife? " I asked calmly but I ached to slap him. I couldn't really judge him as I had planned to do the very same thing to Lissanna and Natsu. My heart ached for the misery my uncle had suffered through but I had to know the full measure of his agony before I let it go. " I did. I needed him gone. He paid almost no attention to her until it was too late. I never meant to hurt your mother or you either. I just wanted a chance to show her how amazing she was. I just wanted to love her the way she should have been loved." He said and sighed before turning and walking towards the house.

"Your training is done for today. We will resume tomorrow. " I nodded and he left. I closed my eyes and let myself fall backwards. I was tired and upset and confused. Why in all in all of Earth land did I have to get the crazy family?