Business Meetings - 22

Hunter visited me twice more in the past 9 days. He would slip in my window, sometimes with more bruises, fuck me, or I would fuck him, then slip back out.

We rarely talked, the only thing we wanted from each other was sex. We had no reason for talking. Though I wanted answers, but I didn't want to push him.

He had gone quiet though, he wasn't taunting me as usual, occasionally he would make a snarky comment, but other than that he didn't speak. I had to remind myself that I hardly knew anything about him, I didn't know why he knew how to fight, why he would always have bruises over his body. Hell, i didn't even know his real last name.

Last night I had told Hunter to not show up tonight, since I had an important meeting. His eyes widened as if releasing something. He never said what it was.

It was finally time for me to meet my dads partners, my partners now. We were to meet in the VIP room in The Shadowed. I was nervous, considering this was the first one on one interaction i was going to have with a mafia boss.

The meeting was at eight o'clock, we were leaving at six-thirty, my father wanting time to get the club in order before his boss came. I took all day preparing myself. My father expected me to present an idea to John Zandoff, our boss, proposing a way to increase profit.

I dressed smart, not wanting to make the wrong impression. I wore a black pencil skirt, ending just past mid-thigh, paired with a pair of black heels. I clicked on a belt, sliding a pistol into the holster, placing a white singlet over the top, covering the belt.

I shrugged on a black blazer, tying my hair up into a ponytail before walking to meet my father in the main hall. My mother stood with him, straightening out his tie before kissing him on the cheek.

They embraced tightly as I reached them. The sight made me smile, it was so reassuring to know that my parents were still deeply in love.

"You look smart for once." My father chuckled. My mum wacked him on the arm playfully before kissing me on the forehead. "Good like sweetheart." She whispered, pride shining in her eyes.

I kissed her cheek goodbye.

My father held his elbow out for me. I slid my hand around his arm and we walked together from the house into the limousine waiting for us out front.

I slid in first, my father followed. Two men, armed to the teeth slid in after us. One knocked on the window to the driver, informing him we were ready to leave.

The limousine was furnished with black leather seats, a row on the back and two on the sides of the vehicle, facing each other. My father opened a mini fridge to his right and pulled out a bottle of champagne. He grabbed two glasses from the tray next to him, pouring the liquid inside.

He passed a glass to me, keeping one for himself. He raised the glass, "To Raven, our future." I grinned as i clinked glasses with him. I took a sip and set it down beside me, i'd never cared for the taste of the drink.

"Are you prepared." My father asked.

"As much as I can be." I replied. I placed on a cool exterior yet my heart was thumping inside my chest.

A phone began ringing, my fathers. "Hello John." He greeted, taking the phone to his ear. I couldn't hear what John was saying. My father was murmuring agreements. He put the phone down as the other line went quiet.

"John is bringing his son. Apparently he has ran into trouble with him and is bringing him to his own meetings to try and knock some sense into him." My father explained.

I nodded. "Perhaps this is good, I will work for John's son eventually, getting to know him would be beneficial." I suggested.

My father grinned. "I am proud to call you my daughter." He said, ruffling my hair.

I swatted his hand away but I couldn't help the swell of pride in my chest at his words.

"What's his name?" I asked, curious.

"His name is-." My father was cut off by the driver knocking on the window, telling us we had arrived.

By the time we had all got out of the car, I had forgotten about the question. The guards escorted us through the artifact shop and into the stairs leading into the club.

The doors opened revealing a few people standing around with drinks in hand, dancers were on their stage, entertaining a couple of young men. It was six-forty, no one came this early. It would be packed by the time John came.

I followed my father around for the next hour, he yelled at the workers who were slacking, made sure the tables were straight and clean. He crossed through the bar, opening a door, revealing his office inside.

It was a mess, papers scattered everywhere and even some spare clothes. He opened up a filing cabinet, shifting through the paper till he pulled out a folder. He turned and walked back into the club.

We made our way to the VIP booth, it was a medium size room, with pillows on the ground in one corner, booth chairs lined one wall, a table in front of one half.

Red curtains were draped on every wall, a chandelier above our head, casting a yellow glow on the room.

My father took a seat, I took the spot next to him, our men were stationed outside.

We started going over my plan. My father gave me pointers on what not to say. I felt like I was ready, until I heard a knock on the door and John Zandoff walked into the room.

I felt like I recognised him, but i couldn't remember where i would have seen him, perhaps a picture in my fathers office.

He had dark brown hair with steaks of grey, his jawline covered with stubble, his eyes a dark grey. I immediately felt intimidated just by his presence in the room.

I stood up and shook his extended hand. "Good evening Mr Zandoff, how are you." I smiled.

"I'm doing well, Raven is it?" He asked as he took a seat in front of us, I followed, sitting back down next to my father.

"Yes sir." My father taught me to refer to him as sir when ever talking to him directly. John had a face of steel, yet his eyes were soft, it made me settle a bit.

"My son is grabbing drinks for us, he should be here any second. We should wait for him." John explained.

As he spoke I saw the door opening and John's son walked in carrying a tray with four drinks sitting on top, as he turned towards us it took everything in my power not to gap.

'Hunter Andof' the faded name on the tag of his jacket.

Zandoff.

Hunters deep blue eyes settled on my own, he threw me a half smile, knowing I had realised who he was, as if I had just found out he worked at the supermarket.

You see, he killed their youngest son, My father told me that Jacob had killed John Zandoff's son.

But you are his sister, and that is something i will never forgive you for, Hunter had spat into my face that night at Liv's party. I hadn't even concentrated on what he had said.

My brother killed Hunter's brother.

Hunter was the heir of the Mafia.