Fight Club - 27

I had left the room, leaving Hunter sitting inside. I had to leave, I didn't know what would came out of my mouth if I stayed in there.

It was overwhelming, heart-warming, heart-breaking and fucking annoying all at the same time.

I felt awful the second I left Hunter in the room, but I had to make sure I understood everything before I spoke.

Every word he said to me was whirling in my mind as I made my way to my bedroom. As i got there I looked at Hunters door. I ran into my room and wrote a note.

Thank you for the truth, R.

I slid it under his door and closed my own. I grumbled as I sat on my bed. I picked up a book, but I couldn't concentrate. This whole time he has been jealous of me. The idea sounded ridiculous. He tormented me to make me feel worthless, for his own personal advantage, then continued to harass me to prove to himself he didn't have feelings for me.

I didn't know how to take this, in some ways I was attracted to Hunter, physically, he is gorgeous, and he can say some very nice stuff into my ear in bed. But he never seemed to care about me, about what I may have lost. But I felt so bad for him, his own father abusing him in that way. I don't care if he is the fucking mafia lord.

Adrenaline was pumping through my veins and I decided to go to the gym, according to Hunter I wasn't improving, so this would be a good start. I look at my phone and noticed the time, and the date.

School had gone back, it had been term break, this would be the first week of not going, a part of me realised just how different my life was now. That chapter of my life was closed, a new one had opened, one that I wasn't sure where exactly I would end up, if I would make it out alive.

The house was still bustling with life, regardless of the late hour, men were constantly walking through the doors, leaving on a mission or coming back from one. I headed to the gym, as I made my way there I bumped into Elijah.

"Oh sorry." I apologised as I moved out of his way.

"Don't worry, besides you are my new icon, i love what you did in there." He smirked.

I smiled back at him, glad for the humour.

"Thank you, I do love the dramatics." I sketched a bow.

He laughed as I stood back up. "Where are you heading, you looked stressed just before." He asked.

"Just to the gym, I have a lot on my mind." I sighed.

"Let me take you there, I might be able to help more than my cousin can." He smiled, walking with me the rest of the way to the gym.

There was a few other people in the room, a few young girls and men. It always made me slightly embarrassed to work along them since they were twenty times better than i am.

"What are you working on." Elijah asked.

"Punching bags, I need to imagine it's someone." I said as I sauntered towards them.

"My favourite activity, anyone in particular?" I raised a brow at him. "I think you know." I replied.

"Ah, my young cousin. He has always had the flare for pissing girls off." I couldn't help but grin.