Treehouse - 44

I had transformed the old, rotting treehouse into a sturdy place.

I had Elijah's help to fix the floor, taking out all the rotting wood and replacing it with fresh planks. There was no roof, the canopy served as one well enough.

It was the inside I was excited for Hunter to see

That night in the infirmary, Hunter had only mentioned the treehouse a few times, but every time the conversation grew heavy. I understood then, just how much it meant to him. I talked to Elijah, he told me that Hunter would disappear into the forest occasionally when he was younger.

Hunter turned towards me, tears shone in his eyes. "I love you." He whispered, wrapping his arms around me.

I held him tightly, "I love you." I whispered back.

"I would come here whenever I couldn't bare to be in that house, Leo, my brother, would come with me all the time, we made it our fortress. I haven't been inside since he died, mainly because I would fall through the floor." He smiled.

"Well, that won't be the case anymore." I grinned, pulling away from his grip and leading him to a staircase. The stairs whirled around the exterior of the tree, leading into the threshold of the treehouse.

We climbed up the stairs, slowly, Hunter taking in every minute, as if trying to make it last forever.

I opened the door into the treehouse, Hunter smiled beside me.

I had kept every personal part of the treehouse. The drawing on the wall, a bullet hole, a small hole in the floor and most importantly, Hunter and Leo's name carved into the wood of the doorframe. Each thing held a different story, I could never take that away.

There was now a small table on one side of the square room with two chairs. A small cabinet lay behind it, filled with all types of alcohol. There was a makeshift bed on the other side, made up of various blankets and pillows.

There were plants making their way through cracks in the wood, through the windows, dangling from the trees above. I had used that to my advantage.

I looked up and spied the orange and pink hues of the sunset between the trees.

Hunter grabbed my waist, leaning closer to my ear. "I can't wait to take you against these walls." He purred before walking further into the room.

I gaped at him. "I re-did this whole place and that is the first thing you think of?" I sighed.

He only gave me a smirk before turning towards the drawing, brushing his fingers over it as if it allowed for him to see into the past.

Hunter pulled something out of his pocket, two photos. I walked over to him as he stuck them onto the wall. One was of Leo, I could tell by his smile in the photo, it was the same as Hunters.

I smiled as I saw the other photo, it was of Hunter and I at the party after he got back from the brothel. His arms were around my collar, holding me tight, He was looking at me with affection, while I was grinning at the camera.

"Do you just carry photos of us around?" I asked.

"Only ones of my favourite people." He grinned.

"Creep."

"Brat." He turned towards me, lifting my chin up towards him.

We studied each other's eyes. His deep blue eyes, staring at me, not with hatred, but with love.

I stood on my toes and kissed him, wrapping my arms around his neck, drawing him closer.

His arms snaked around my waist. His tongue slid into my mouth at the same time. It was love, not lust, that fuelled our desire.