Misunderstanding - 31

Meg was helping me choose an outfit for the party that night. She was ferociously searching my wardrobe, insisting that nothing in here was perfect. Elijah, last time i had been back in the outside world, had been on my bed, reading a smut book he insisted with disgusting.

"Elijah, can you pass me the lip-gloss from my nightstand." I called out to him. He didn't reply, I looked towards Meg but she was engrossed by two pairs of shoes, I only had my underwear and bra on so I awkwardly walked out of my wardrobe towards my nightstand, there were clothes everywhere on the floor that Meg deemed unwearable. I had only really known Elijah for a week, and walking out in my underwear  was the last thing i had planned on doing in-front of him.

I stood before the bed and took a look at the book Elijah had in his hand. "Teachers pet, what an interesting choice." He laughed as he looked up for a split second. "I'm taking notes." He replied looking back down at his book, clearly not caring for what I was wearing. At least someone in his family had respect.

I reached down to grab my lip-gloss when a door slammed shut. I looked up in shock, realising it had been Hunters door. He was back?

And he sounded pissed off. Excellent. My heart raced too fast for my liking at the idea of seeing him again, even though it had only been five days without him.

"Raven, get your ass in here, I found the perfect dress." Meg called from within the wardrobe, I walked back in to the mess that was now my wardrobe.

She was holding up a dress from the selection that had already been in my room when I moved in. It was a simple, tight, navy blue dress, expect it looked as if the sides had been cut open from top to bottom, multiple silver chains going down the dress, holding the two pieces of fabric together, there was no way to wear underwear without everyone see the straps.

I grinned at the dress, it was perfect. She grabbed a pair of silver heels and threw them at me along with the dress.

I took the dress off the hanger and slipped it on. I looked in the mirror, it was beautiful. As I thought, the sides were two pieces of fabric being held together by multiple little silver chains the whole way down the dress, exposing the sides of my body. It stopped at mid-thigh, the dress was held up by two thin straps. The neck line cut low, revealing a lot of cleavage. My bra was clearly visible so I slipped it off before zipping up the dress.

"There is no way you can wear underwear with that dress." Meg insisted.

"I'm not going to go commando at a party with god knows how many people." I remarked.

"You'll never know, there are benefits to going commando." She winked at me.

"I'm not having sex at this party." I vowed.

"Once you get to the party, i'm sure you'll change your mind, unless there's a specific person you are waiting for." She grinned. I knew exactly what she was insinuating.

I rolled my eyes as I pulled off my underwear, this was going to be a first.

My hair was undone and loosely brush, leaving it in natural waves. Meg had done my makeup, simple and elegant as I liked it. I slipped my heels on and applied my lip-gloss before sliding it inside my silver purse.

"And what are you wearing." I asked, turning towards Meg, she was sorting through the dresses where she found the navy blue one.

I heard her 'ooo' as she paused on a specific dress, she pulled it out and held it against herself. It was a stunning, short, red dress, covered in sequins, the light reflecting off it. The bodice was shaped into a corset, the boning seams visible. The neckline swept in a sweetheart style, thick straps stitched to the edge.