The Martinez Group - 34

*Raven's POV*

The sun was high in the sky when I woke up the next morning. I found that Hunter, Meg and Elijah had all left my room at some point in the night.

I got dressed in a basic black singlet top and leggings. I slipped on a gun holster on one thigh and a knife sheath on the other. I pulled on a pair of black military boots and slid knifes into both.

As I opened my door I found Hunter with his arm up, looking like he was about to knock. I got a good look at him in his tight black tee and full length black cargo pants with buckles and straps holding various knifes.

"My father wants us all in the main meeting room now." He informed me.

"No training this morning than?" I asked, walking out of my room.

"Not today." He replied.

We walked down to the first floor, turning left at the main walkway and found the meeting room at the front of the house.

As we walked in everyone turned to us, there were ten men sitting in chairs, along with Elijah, Meg and Hunters uncle.

I sat down in a spare chair while Hunter stalked to the front of the room and stood next to his father beside a smart screen.

"Hunter has been appointed head of this mission, therefore you follow every order he gives you, do not disobey him. He has hand selected each one of you to be inside the inner circle for this mission meaning you will all work together nearly everyday, so get along." John said, staring down each and every person.

He gave me a slight nod when he looked at me, I nodded back.

"I am aware that there are a few of you who do not know everything about the Martinez rebal group." Hunter said. I knew he was mainly talking to me, and dawn I needed to focus my mind because he looked hot as hell standing in control at the front of a room full of killers.

"So I'll re-cap exactly what the issue has been. Nineteen years ago our mafia was being sabotaged in almost every mission. Unnecessary deaths, ambushes of rival mafias, stolen goods. For too long the current workers did everything in their power to stop it, it was threatening them, and therefor us, our companies. Eighteen years ago we managed to worm out the traitors and discovered Robert Martinez was behind everything, he had started his own rebel group in hopes to take down our leaders and claim power for himself. Everyone loyal to his cause bears a lion tattoo surrounded by fire. Robert must've given quite the speech to anyone that would listen because after we chased him away we continued to find spies within our ranks. I have hand picked you all because I can trust that everyone in this room is loyal to us." Hunter paused. Staring at everyone to see if his comment made anyone blink in dishonesty.

He continued. "Robert was found and killed eighteen years ago, leaving the rebel group on their own, scattered through America. Until his nephew, Tyler Martinez, took control over the rebel group years later after he had grown up. Since the start of the year, there has been multiple attacks on our partners and contacts, missions have been heavily compromised. I have seen Tyler myself on many occasions, yet killing him has become too risky, he holds the most information about the group, and killing their leader may cause an uproar." Hunter looked over at his father, who looked deep in thought.

"In regards to the recent attempts at trying to take down the Shadowed Club. Three months ago, Tyler was sent to the same school as Raven Rodriguez, we assume it as an attempt to try and get closer to her, attack from within. He altered his persona around different groups to fit in and make them trust him, Raven had connections to each group he joined. I was sent to the same school to slow him down, to unnerve him. Just over two months ago, two men with lion tattoos were spotted trying to take Raven away by force. I was there to stop it, unfortunately, casualties were required."