Birthday Bitch - 38

*Raven's POV*

Hunter and I spent the next two weeks looking over the documents found in the town house. There was, unfortunately, no extremely useful information. It was only records of purchases, letters with no address and personal items.

We had ransacked the whole house, yet nothing. I suppose Tyler must've taken the most important stuff with him when he ran off with his tail between his legs. We had no further leads on the Martinez situation, there were no attacks, no record of them, as if they had disappeared.

Elijah, Meg, Hunter and myself had gone back to the city, to the brothel and the now empty town house a few times, but nothing showed up.

The situation between Hunter and I had eased, the awkwardness left behind in the first week after talking.

It was calming, not having unspoken words between us, he still made his snarky comments and was vicious during training however.

I had told Meg about what I said to him and she told me it was for the best if all he wanted was sex. I didn't tell her how much i wanted that sex as well.

I was woken up this morning by someone jumping
and tackling me. "Happy birthday Raven." A voice squealed.

I opened my eyes to reveal Meg on top of me. She looked at me and grinned. That grin genuinely scared me.

"We aren't still legally allowed to drink now." She said, pulling a tiny bottle of vodka from her hand. "So, naturally, you are going to start off the morning with a shot." I grinned as I took the bottle from her hand and downed it.

"Getting started early I see." A deep voice said from my doorway. I looked up and found Hunter learning against the door frame.

"It's never too early." I grinned at him.

"Don't tell me you've already started drinking." I heard Elijah call as he ran into the room, bottles in hand.

"I'm ahead, but aren't I always." I winked at the two fit men standing in my doorway.

"We are spending the whole day getting wasted in your room by the way." Meg said from beside me.

"That sounds like the best possible way to spend a birthday." I smirked. "But what about work."

"We are allowed to have a break every once in a while Raven. You've been working you ass off more than any of us." Hunter insisted.

"Fine, but only for a day. I'm heading to the shower." I annoyed.

"You need Hunter to join you?" Elijah suggested. A second later my shoe was being thrown at his head. I got out of bed and slammed the door for emphasis.

By the time I finished having a shower and got dressed, the three of them were lying around my room bottles in hand.

"Wow, you guys are really dedicated to this aren't you." I raised a brow.

"Mhmm, and you are ruining it, grab a bottle." Meg said from my bed.

"I think i'm going to grab some food for us all before we get alcohol poising." I scoffed.