18 - What Happens In Akihabara, Stays In Akihabara

Notes
For the sake of relevance and shortening the chapter a bit, I left out the actual scene of Hydra retrieving the Ace Team from the Devil Clan. Hopefully everything still makes sense, and I hope you enjoy this chapter! Also note that I heavily rushed the end of the chapter, so I apologize if it wasn't as satisfying of a read. I wanted to get this chapter out of my drafts so I could start the next one, which will hopefully not be so rushed. 

-

Y/N awoke to the sound of chirping birds and the rays of the sun hitting her eyelids. Her eyes fluttered open and she instantly furrowed her brows at the unfamiliar sight of the wooden square ceiling. At first, she had forgotten their whereabouts, mind instantly thinking she was still in her dorm at Cassell College. But from her drowsy state, her mind pieced together the events that happened prior to her slumber.

She was not in Chicago, not at Cassell College, she was still in Japan.

Y/N shuffled underneath the white sheets covering her body, sitting up warily while she looked at her surroundings. Except she was only met with a man sitting in the doorway of the room, eyes closed, unsuspecting.

She made a mental note of all his sharp features, the stress wrinkle between his brows suggested he was constantly under pressure, but his lips were turned into a frown as if troubled by his thoughts. His arms draped beneath his kimono were folded tightly across his chest, guarding his heart.

Y/N heard slight movement behind and twisted her upper body to face the culprits. Beside her was Luminous, out cold and letting out soft snores. The two other sleeping mats were empty, and she assumed Johann and Caesar had previously occupied them.

But from the looks of it, it seemed as if their mats hadn't been empty for too long. She could've sworn she saw them still asleep as she was sitting up from her peripherals.

Suddenly, light footsteps tapped across the wooden floorboards in a hurry. When Y/N turned her head towards the noise, her eyes widened as she was met with the sight of both Johann and Caesar pointing a sword and gun at the man in the doorway.

Eyes sharp and ready to kill, Johann and Caesar held steady breaths at the man, but he seemed completely unfazed, even keeping his eyes closed, not flinching even once, despite them glaring daggers into his soul.

Y/N, keeping her eyes on the scene before her, instinctively shook Luminous beside her, who groaned and swatted her hand away. Nonetheless, Luminous groggily sat up, rubbing his eyes before turning his attention in the same direction.

The man parted his lips, his voice was confident and smooth, "Is this how you treat all your allies?"

Caesar and Johann hesitated, drawing their weapons back and away from the man who finally opened his eyes, revealing his deep brown orbs. Caesar's brows pulled together, "Ally? Who exactly are you?"

The man shook his head as he reached into the inside of his coat pocket. He pulled out a wallet, opening it to reveal a very familiar symbol that the Ace Team was well aware of.

"I'm the director of the Japanese Branch of Cassell College's Execution Department," he showed his proof to Caesar and Johann before turning and revealing the official card to Y/N and Luminous. "I'm also one of the chiefs of the eight clans of Hydra. My name is Chisei Gen,"

Johann extended his palm toward Chisei, who handed him the badge with no worry evident on his face. As Johann finished inspecting it, he nodded affirmatively toward Caesar. "The badge is authentic," he began before eyeing Chisei hesitantly. "But isn't Hydra an underground organization of hybrids?"