32 - Father

Arc 3. Bonds of Time.

Their plan to get out of Japan is put further on hold as the Ace Team gets involved with the dispute between the sworn Gen brothers. In a fight to save three siblings, Japan, and their own skins, the Ace Team must also shed some light about a secret regarding Y/N. 

-

She jolted awake with her chest heaving, she was almost gasping for air.

The people in her dreams were hazy, she never saw their faces. But their presence was warm, and kind, and in their arms she felt loved.

Her dreams had become more vivid, more like recalling old memories. The moment she took in her surroundings in her dream, she understood that the two people with blurred faces were none other than her parents.

Her mother and father.

She had almost forgotten she had those, too.

And those dreams were nothing like her previous nightmares. The ones that left her in a cold sweat, the ones that portrayed the deaths of people she loved, the ones that always—always—emphasized the betrayal and hurt that Herzog brought upon her.

No, these more recent dreams have been pleasant.

Pleasant—yet Y/N felt a weight of disappointment drop onto her chest.

Though she was sure it was her parents that had begun to flood her realm of sleep, Y/N could not find it in her heart to yearn for that same familial love.

She could hardly remember their faces, how could she remember how much she loved them?

A knock on her door snapped Y/N out of her thoughts.

"Hey! Y/N! You awake? You said you'd take Erii out today, right?"

Luminous' loud, boisterous voice echoed down every hall, it was a miracle he hadn't woken up the entire floor.

She was granted a day off from Whale, which meant Luminous was back on Sakura duty, attending to guests and fetching drinks.

Y/N rubbed her eyes to ease the puffiness, tuning out Luminous' whining. She wasn't sure why Erii was so attached to a baby like him.

Nonetheless, Y/N hopped straight out of bed and got ready for the evening. It was just after six, and in the next few hours the club would be booming with business. Erii was usually bored whenever "Sakura" had to work all night, as did the rest of the Ace Team, but on some lucky nights Erii would be able to spend time with her new sister.

"I thought we could go shopping today," Y/N nudged Erii's shoulder, to which she smiled gratefully.

'Thank you, Y/N, this will be fun!'

Y/N nodded as they departed from Takamagahara and walked the busy streets to the nearest shopping district. Although, it was a bit embarrassing, having arrived at the doors of so many stores and having no idea what to do.

Y/N realized the only time she had gone shopping was with Nono, and she was much better at this kind of stuff than she was.

Thankfully Erii didn't seem to mind. She was too busy taking in the sight of all the cute clothes displayed in windows and inside on mannequins.

'I like going out with Y/N!' Erii wrote quickly, sloppily as her attention moved on to another store.

Y/N chuckled, "I'm glad, I like going out with you too, it's nice not being around those guys all the time. You get tired of the smell,"