43 - And You Held Me Before Dawn

Arc 4. Sinners and Saints.

Y/N struggles to face the truth and strays further away from the people she once called her friends. As she tries to uncover what's real and what's a lie, the Ace Team must also find a way to make amends. But amidst a deadly fight, will her life be chained to the man that took everything from her? Or the man that intends to sacrifice her for the sake of the world?

-

Breaking News! Breaking News!

"—And people all around Tokyo are devastated tonight as they mourn the loss of one of Japan's most influential men;

The former High Patriarch of the Hydra Corporation, Masamune Tachibana, was found dead in his office earlier this evening.

It was a Hydra guard confirming a security check when he stumbled upon the former High Patriarch's office, but the sight he would witness would prove that an intruder had made their way past the guards.

It was confirmed that Tachibana was found with his own Katana pierced through his heart, as well as many other wounds that may have come from the same weapon.

Whatever it was the people of Tokyo were left to hide in their homes in case a serial killer was on the loose.

Many assume it was an assassination planned out by an opposing company, someone hired by a hitman to carry out the job, but the current High Patriarch and Tachibana's son, Chisei Gen, is refusing to provide the public with any more detail.

With no confirmed identification in regards to who the suspect of the murder was, we strongly advise everyone to protect themselves and their families to prevent any more tragedies following the devastating tsunami that just hit our beloved city.

We ask you all to keep an eye out for any suspicious activity or persons, and report to the police department right away if you or a family member see something that may give us a clue on who could perform such a violent, heinous act—"

*Switch*

Chisei Gen threw the remote onto the low coffee table in front of the couch in his office. The one that belonged to Masamune Tachibana.

It still reeked of his blood.

"Violent and heinous..." he murmured to himself with a frown, "those words would have never come out of my mouth if I were to ever describe you,"

Chisei glanced over to a photo to the right of the remote. An extremely clear and detailed shot of the culprit behind his father's death.

"Y/N,"

He scowled at the photograph of Y/N's face staring directly into the security camera footage. An emotionless, cruel expression that made her look like an entirely different person. But even from a simple picture, Chisei could feel the hatred and rage seething from the look in her eyes.

"I should reveal this photo and send Tokyo on a manhunt for you, shouldn't I?" He picked up Y/N's photo and spoke to it as if she would respond.

"That'd be the most justifiable thing to do, wouldn't it?"