23 - Takamagahara

She woke up to the soft glow of the warm lamp light grazing her skin, her eyes fluttered open at the sound of shuffling beside her.

She grunted as she shifted uncomfortably. As her vision became clearer, she found herself in an unfamiliar room, in an unfamiliar bed, the white sheets draped messily over her legs. Y/N turned her head to the cause of the noise, her gradually increasing heartbeat finding ease as she laid eyes on a familiar figure in an unfamiliar environment.

"Luminous?" she croaked. Her voice was dry, lips chapped. She instinctively brought her fingers to her lips to feel the dry skin peeling off.

But Luminous simply shushed her as he busied himself with hiding in the corner of the room, right beside the nightstand by her bed.

This only further confused Y/N. She furrowed her brows and asked again, "Luminous? What are you doing?"

If it weren't for his panicked expression and odd behavior, Y/N would've asked about his uncomfortable-looking attire and, "Is that makeup on your face?" she said and squinted, leaning her upper body forward to get a closer look at him.

Luminous widened his eyes and turned his face to the wall. "Don't look at me!" he shouted, "this is humiliating!"

He was dressed in a skin-tight, sparkly red suit with dabs and smears of makeup on his face. Looking almost as if he had been discreetly trying to remove it.

"What the hell is going on?" she questioned, her tone growing frustrated at her friend's increasingly worrying attitude.

"First off, I'm glad you're finally awake," he said, glancing at her from the corner of his eyes, "you really gave us a scare, sleeping for two days and all,"

"Two days?" she mumbled to herself, brows furrowing deeper as she bit the insides of her cheeks.

"Second," Luminous said, this time more aggressive and shameful, "we got forced into these god-awful jobs! It's an absolute nightmare!"

"Don't tell me you're hiding cause you don't want to work," she replied to him, which only made Luminous grunt as if he had been caught stealing a cookie from the cookie jar.

"That's not the important part!" he defended, "I mean, thankfully Caesar and Johann told me to stay here and keep an eye on you, but for the few hours I was on the floor, I just couldn't take it!"

Y/N sighed as she dragged her legs to the side of the bed, letting them fall to the ground as she felt the cold wood beneath her feet. "I'm so confused," she whispered.

"It gets worse," Luminous groaned. He stepped out from the corner of the room to help Y/N up from the bed, who grunted in slight pain. Thankfully her head injury wasn't too fatal, though she could still feel the slight sting on her scalp.

"We couldn't go to a hospital, Hydra would be able to track us down. Apparently, Kaguya blocked all access to any outside sources, so we haven't been able to contact EVA or the college," Luminous explained as he helped her to the wardrobe in front of the bed. "We were saved by angels though, literally, they brought us here so we could hide from gangsters and Hydra,"

Luminous opened the wardrobe and handed her a neatly folded kimono, completely different from the tacky outfit Luminous adorned. "Put this on," he said before turning his back to close the sliding screen between the bedroom and the resting area. "Just until our boss gives you a uniform,"

Y/N eyed the kimono carefully, "So, where exactly are we?"

Luminous shut the screen door but his silhouette was visible from the lighting in the other room. His voice, although muffled, was perfectly understandable.