#19

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 :: 19

To some it might be an euphoric feeling, to some it can be a gentle whisper of desire and to some it might be something unattainable.

But was this really happening? Jin wondered to himself. Am i really in love?

He walked towards the playground with yuna's small hand wrapped around his, he
furrowed his eyebrows as he heard a soft voice speak beside him.

"a penny for your thoughts?"

Jin uneasily shifted, contemplating wether to ask this question or not. After all they were juniors in high school, far too young for an adult emotion to overwhelm them.

Both of the children sat on the swings side by side, namjoon wasn't with them that day. He was an A lister and demanded to keep his streak going if he wanted to get into a good college, so he usually studdied during the recess. There were some rare times when he was seen outside playing but he preferred to stay with his books where he could get blissfully lost.

"Yuna,what is love?"

Yuna looked at jin, he felt blood rush to his face.

"Why would you ask that?"

Jin shrugged, still looking down "Just curious"
‎ ‎
Yuna drew in a deep breath "Love"

"...."

"Is a pretty big word and an even bigger emotion, even adults don't even understand it" she bitterly laughed.

"To me love is to prioritize another's well being or happiness above your own. It can rise between two lost souls or some people brought together by circumstances"

She looked towards the playground with kids playing there "The emotion love itself can be a connection to something greater than ourselves or something that shows us who we are,but as much as enthralling it might seem love is also a curse"

Jin silently nodded,the gears in his head turned as he processed this information.

"But"

"Jinnie, miscommunications, assumptions and doubts can lead to dreadful things"

Jin scrunched up his nose, he was suddenly getting irritated by a voice whispering  inside his head.

Jin's in love.
Jin's in love.
Jin's in love.

"what do you mean?"

"For example, eomma and appa loved each other very much. They got married and started a family but they both fell apart, it's maybe because they didn't have that spark anymore"

Her eyes glittered with tears , jin couldn't help but watch her with awe. Yuna never spoke about her parents in front of anyone.

"it was a disaster, my mother became an alcoholic just to drown down the pain of  heartbreak from man who she assumed was cheating on her. She did what she thought was right, fell in love with another stranger and became part of another family"