9th Birthday

Aurora's POV

I was numb. Even though I was only 9 years old I had been through things that no parent would want their child to go through. Now you may think that most 9 year olds may be living their best lives but that wasn't the case for me. My twin sister hated me, my older brothers hated me, my dad hated me and I was told that I was the reason my mother was dead. Most of the days I would be ignored by my entire family and even if they do talk to me it would be something about my weight or my looks. I thought I was beautiful but I guess that wasn't the case for my family. I developed an Eating Disorder because my family would make mean comments about my body and they would make me skip meals. After a while I started looking like just bones and skin and it got to the point where I passed out. Since then they forced me to eat at least twice a day. 

That shows that they care right? Why would they care about something that's worthless? Face it, they hate you! I didn't want to believe my inner voice, they're my family! Of course they care!

Despite all the hurtful words my family would tell me, I still had a little bit of hope that they would love me like they loved Sophia. The little hope that I had soon left on my 9th birthday after they celebrated the entire day....without me. This day was also my mother's death anniversary. It was the day that I stopped feeling anything, the day that I stopped smiling, not that I would smile much anyway.

"AURORA GET DOWN HERE NOW!" my dad yelled

I quickly came downstairs because I didn't want to get in trouble, but little did I know I already was. As soon as I step foot on the last step my face came in contact with a fist. It hurt a lot, but I needed to get used to this because it wasn't going to stop anytime soon. While trying to get up I was hit in the stomach and fell down again. My face was throbbing and I felt like throwing up. I tried my best not to make any sound because that would only make my father angrier, but I couldn't keep it in. He grabbed me by my hair and pulled me up off the ground to face him. 

I felt a burning sensation on my right cheek, he hit me, the usual. That's going to leave a mark but the good thing is that no one cared enough to ask me why there was a hand print on my face almost everyday.

 "Didn't I tell you not to make any noise!?" dad asked angrily.

I nodded my head in fear of what he would do next. He evened out the pain so I now had a headache, heated and burning cheeks and the need to throw up. The usual.

"ANSWER ME!", he yelled.

"Y-yes",I stuttered.

Soon after the others came into the room except Francesco, but instead of helping me, I saw Alessandro holding a belt with an evil smirk on his face.

"P-please don't h-hurt me, I'm begging you" I pleaded but that didn't work.

"SHUT UP! YOU'RE THE REASON WHY I NEVER GOT TO MEET MY MOTHER!" Sophia yelled as Alessandro hit me with the belt. I was used to being hit with the belt but it was way worse today.