Maria

Elijah's POV

Elijah's POV

It's currently 4:30 p.m. and I'm starting to get worried because school ended a while ago and my mom still hadn't arrived. I know I'm not the only who thinks that something really bad has happened to their parents/parent when they're late. The last time my mom was late for something that involved me, I thought she died in a car accident. She gave me a phone and told me to only use it for emergencies...and this was an emergency.

I dialed her number and it rang a few times before going to voicemail. That's strange, I thought. She usually answers her phone all the time. I tried calling once again but, just like before, it rang a few times and then went straight to voicemail. I stood there waiting for ten more minutes hoping that she would show up but, it was no use.

It started getting late and being outside on the streets by yourself wasn't the safest thing in the world, so I decided to walk home.

It's been like fifteen minutes and I absolutely regretted my decision. My house was like an hour and a half away from my school so today was my lucky day. After what felt like an eternity of walking, my house came into view. The house wasn't as big as my dad's house but it was still big. I saw my mom's car in the driveway... and a trail of blood that went right up to the front door that was slightly open. I had this gut feeling that whatever I was about to witness wouldn't be good, and the blood on the floor was starting to make me believe that.

I went up to the front door and as I opened it wider the same trail of blood continued up the staircase. Walking further into the house I felt like throwing up. The scent was horrible, my nose was burning and I was tearing up. I quickly pulled my T-shirt up to cover my nose so that I wouldn't have to inhale whatever that was. It worked...to a point.

While following the trail of blood up the stairs I noticed a bloody hammer laying on the ground. I started calling for my mom, but got no response. I felt my heart rate pick up as I continued to follow the trail of blood down the hallway. It stopped right in front of the first door in the hallway. I slowly opened the door and my breath hitched in my throat at the image in front of me. I couldn't move my legs and my mouth went dry.

My mom's body was tied to a chair. Her head was hanging down but I could still see her face clearly and the dried up blood on it. She was pale and had bruises all over her body. There was blood splattered on every square inch of the room, almost as if someone tried to paint the room with her blood. I also noticed that there was a knife punctured into her stomach. I wanted to believe that this was just a nightmare but, I knew very well that this was reality.

I felt light headed and I was cold sweating, its as if I was going to faint any second now. All of a sudden I couldn't see anything and I lost my balance which caused me to fall. I felt a sharp pain in my eyes before I was able to see again. I felt nauseous. Why me? Why my mom? what did we do to deserve this? The only thing that could be heard was my sobs.

 I looked around hither and tither trying to find any camera but I had no luck. What caught my eye was a white envelope on her bed. The envelope was the only object in the room that had no blood on it whatsoever. Using all the strength I had I got up and walked towards her, hoping that there would still be a little bit of life in her, but there was no sign of that. I placed my hand gently on her cheek. I could tell that she was crying because of the tears stained on her cheek and that made me cry harder. Just when I was beginning to fell happy this happens.