The New Kid

Aurora's POV

Aurora's POV

While walking down the empty halls I stopped at my locker and put my stuff in there. The first class I had was math, my math teacher, Mrs. Johnson, hated me for some reason and I hate her too so we're even. I opened the classroom door and all eyes were on me. 

"Aurora would you like to explain to me why you're late," the old hag asked

"I had to wa-"

I was cut off by the door opening and the cutest boy I have ever seen walks in. Yes I know I'm only nine years old but it isn't illegal for me to find someone attractive.

"Young man may I ask what you're doing here?" the old hag asked.

"Ummm I'm new here," he said with an accent.

While he was saying that I quickly went to my seat without the teacher noticing. Now all eyes were on the boy that was standing at the front of the classroom.

"Well introduce yourself to the class," Mrs. Johnson said.

"Well, my name is Elijah Sidorov and I moved here from Russia," he said.

"Alright well I'm Mrs. Johnson and you can take a seat at the empty desk next to that girl in the back," the old hag said as she pointed at me.

I watched him as he walked and sat down in the desk that was next to me. I could hear the whispers of some of my classmates, but I didn't really care about what they were saying because I don't have time for gossip. 

"Alright class please take out a pencil and a piece of paper, because today we're having a pop quiz," the old hag said.

I mentally rolled my eyes at the words 'pop quiz'. I always did well in math but I hated Pop quizzes. Anyways I looked through my bag and realized that I didn't have a pencil. I dug through my bag once again hoping that by some miracle I'd find a pencil in my bag.

"Are you ok?" Elijah whispered.

"Are you talking to me?" I whispered back.

"No I was talking to your mom," he said in a sarcastic tone.

 She's dead. How great.

By now the quiz had started and I didn't even write down anything, but luckily the quiz was only to test your critical thinking skills so, it wasn't really a big problem.

"Yes, I am perfectly fine if you must know," I murmured bitterly.

"Jeez did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?" he teased while laughing.

"What's so funny?" I asked, getting more annoyed than I already am.

"You look like a like a hairless cat when you're angry" he said still laughing.

"I don't even know you and I already hate you," I said while rolling my eyes.

"I get that a lot so it doesn't really faze me," he said totally unbothered by the fact that I told him that I hate him.