She

Santiago's POV

Santiago's POV

"Son of a bitch" I cursed. Why the hell would she be calling Aurora after what she did?

"Don't answer it, she might track your location if you do," I instructed. I'm doing this to prevent the same mistake happening twice.

When the phone stopped ringing I let out a sigh of relief. Why can't we just get a break? After one problem is solved another pops up. Why? Did I do something bad in a different life?

She's been MIA for so long now and suddenly she's calling my daughter as if things are just going to go back to normal.

"I think it's time for me to change my phone number because this, can't happen," she stated slightly irritated and I 100% understand why she's upset. I mean, if someone did that to me I'd kill them.

"This can wait until after we solve the first problem, while I'm checking on your siblings, I need you two to assign guards to various places inside and outside of the house, I'll double check after," I said making my way out of the room.

I can't blame this on anyone but myself because I was the one who introduced her to them, oblivious to her true intentions. Before I went to check up on Rafael and Camilla I walked into the room that was filled with gifts she used to make and buy for me. I avoided going in there because I was afraid that the emotions and awful memories I had been suppressing would find their way to the surface.

But we all have to face our fears and emotions at some point and hope that they don't get the best of us. I'd been competing against my emotions for what seems like an eternity and I'd been in first place for the last three years, but the minute I opened that door, I was no longer in the lead.

To strangers it seemed as if I was always happy and had everything under control but in reality I was a mess and lacked someone to love me in the way I wanted them too.

I love my kids with my whole heart and I thought that they would COMPLETELY fill the void in my heart. I also thought that she would do the same as well but all she did was make it bigger.

Aurora's POV

My plan was to let Matteo and Francesco stay in the room that has all the security cameras so that they can inform us if they see anything or anyone. So I explained what he and Francesco had to do. Of course they're going to be under the supervision of four guards because I don't trust them. Yes they may seem as if they mean no harm but that's how most betrayals start off.

Though there are guards guarding outside I still think it's best to have Matteo and Francesco on the lookout as well because I don't expect the guards to see every living thing that passes by. But from what I've heard, they like to make a big entrance.

Because Camilla and Rafael aren't one hundred percent at the moment, the floor they are currently staying on will be heavily guarded by some of the men from one of our warehouses nearby. We really can't take any chances.