Their Arrival

Leonardo's POV

Leonardo's POV

I've been staring at the message for a while now. Of course I wasn't going to believe it without proof but then and again where is he or she going to get proof if she's been underground for the last twenty years. Unless she didn't die, but that would be impossible. Even though I wasn't allowed to see her body, I watched her die on that hospital bed.

The chances of her being alive are negative because her body was cremated, mainly because I wanted to have her near me even if it was just her ashes. I thought I had gotten over her all those years ago but I was wrong.

I even asked for help from one of her friends who had lost her husband and certain things happened between the two of us. I didn't mean for anything to happen between us but I just couldn't resist her. I thought that the kids would be happy for me but it was the complete opposite. They hated her and me.

Now after so many years I find myself back in square one and I hated every part of it. I was brought out of my thoughts by my phone vibrating. It was a message from the same contact. They sent me a picture of an unconscious woman with an open wound on her forehead. She was laying on her back and had many scratches on her arms. I couldn't make out who it was but when I zoomed in I felt sick to my stomach.

How? Was the only thing running through my mind.

Aurora's POV

"Hey," A deep voice called out.

"Oh, hey," I responded looking anywhere but at his face.

"I'm here to apologize," he started off.

"What exactly are you apologizing for?" I asked quite curious.

"For coming here unexpectedly and dropping all of that information on you and for ghosting you back when we were kids," he explained scratching his neck.

"I'm actually grateful that you came here because if you didn't I wouldn't have been aware that I was basically sold to your late father and I kind of expected it because that's what everyone did to me back then," I said slightly smiling.

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you ghost me?" I asked my curiosity getting the best of me once again. He looked down for a second as if he was contemplating something.

"Look, I wish I could tell you but I feel like it would just cause more drama, maybe when you have less problems in your life I'll tell you," he said.

"It sounds like something bad," I gave him a smile which he returned. An awkward silence took over the room as we both looked anywhere but at each other.

The last time I experienced this type of awkwardness was when Rafael's ex started making out with him in front of me because she thought I wanted him.

"So, how have you been?" he started.