[ Chapter 2 ]

Content Warnings:

•Season 2 Spoilers
•Mentions of Death
•Strong Language
•Blood
•Injury

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Flashback

Everything was pitch black. You could only hear buzzing in your ears as you laid on a hard surface. You were unconscious but still trying to figure out what all had happened in the last few minutes before it happened. Something was approaching. Multiple things, it sounded like. What was it? Suddenly, you were lifted, feeling weightless. Like you were just a feather or on top of a cloud. You wanted to see what was going on, to get a better understanding but your eyes betrayed and stayed sealed.

There were voices but you could not tell who it was or what they were saying. Things had gone quiet for a bit but when you no longer felt weightless, the unintelligible voices returned. The ringing in your ears returned, much louder this time. You just wanted it to stop.

Then, something burned. Your skin was tingling and felt as if it were on fire. It was horrible. You felt nothing but antagonizing pain for the next couple of minutes, followed by stinging burns. You were still unable to wake up though. Was it hell?

It took hours for all of that pain to turn into numbness which was all you had wanted. You even questioned if you were alive at that point. There were multiple times when you had tried to open your eyes but they would not obey. You eventually had to give up and fall back asleep until time would allow you to regain consciousness.

Flashback End

Just as Annie's crystal is taken away, all attention shifts upward to the Wall. A Titan's skinless face, inside of the Wall. Fear strikes through everyone, followed by confusion. Your eyes follow the other's, absolutely speechless for what is in front of you. You never would have thought this would happen. First, Titans break through the Walls, now, they're inside of them. The day keeps getting weirder and weirder.

Section Commander Hange and Moblit run towards the gathering crowd, staring into the visible Titan's eye. "Section Commander, your orders?" Moblit asks. "Uh... well, I'm not sure." They respond, flabbergasted at the sight. Just then, an older man grabs Section Commander Hange's shoulder, panting. "Pastor Nick?" They look over their shoulder. "Listen to me... whatever else you do, don't let sunlight touch it!" He commands.
.•.
•.•
.•.
•.•
Everyone had just returned from a rescue mission inside of Wall Rose. Titans had been spotted inside and while groups were sent to search for a hole in the Wall, they got trapped in an abandoned castle where Titans ambushed them. You were left to stay at the Wall and help assist the injured up to safety since you are still inexperienced at combat.

While a lift holding a tall, brunette girl with a missing arm, and leg is being pulled up, you glance to the side, and notice Eren helping a broad blonde with an injured arm up the Wall. The blonde male turns his head towards your direction, barely making eye contact during the quick interaction but it is enough to make you pause. Those eyes look familiar and something about them makes you feel hesitant. You shake the feeling off, focusing on the task at hand. You have to ignore your feelings in the Military, no matter how distracting they are. Your father would want you to pretend to be normal.