[ Chapter 27 ]

Content Warnings:

•Season 4 Part 3 Spoilers
•Mentions of Death
•Strong Language
•Decapitation
•Violence
•Blood
•Panic
•Guns
•Gore
•War

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Flashback

You didn't remember the exact moment when, but you can recall always being in competitions with your brothers. Watching them exercise and become stronger day by day urged you to do the same. You wanted to be just like them, to be just as strong and confident. It took lots of convincing to get them to finally teach you, but they eventually came around to show you the ropes.

Weeks turned into months which then turned into years of training yourself hard enough to be considered an opponent. Since Tristan had long already left for cadet corps to try out for the Military Police, it was solely up to Quincy to take over the lead. It wasn't long before he had taught you all you knew, no longer needing his guidance nor his "supportiveness," which was really him disguising making fun of you as motivation. Whatever it was, it worked to a degree, although you had enough determination to push yourself on your own. You were the initial one who had wanted to be like your brothers, so your own motivation was key.

"You just want me strong enough to pose more of a challenge." "That is so not true. You're just embarrassing yourself." "Shut up." He sat himself on top of your back, which nearly sent you straight to the floor. "G-Get off!" You huffed, voice severely strained to hold yourself up. "You just said I "wanted a challenge." So, here's your challenge." He crossed his arms and lifted his legs to make it even more difficult. "D-Dammit!" Out of breath, your arms shook as you carefully and ungracefully lowered yourself. Once your chest reached the floor, it was time to somehow push yourself back up to the top. How you would do that without breaking your arms, you hadn't a clue, but would never admit it.

"T-Thirty... ni-nine...!" Your voice struggled through your throat as sweat beaded across your face, then dripped to the floor. "Oh come on, you're not only embarrassing yourself, but me! I was the one who was training you! Don't shit all over my work now!" The older boy poked your arm, which ultimately sent you to the floor, landing on your chest. You let out a huff of air from the impact, plus the extra weight still sat on your back, totally out of breath. Your brother shook his head in disapproval, embarrassed on your behalf. "This simply won't do. I guess the only way we can settle this is through a wrestling match to hopefully redeem yourself." The older boy finally got up which relieved the pressure on you. "F-ine," you laid your head on the cool floor, "just... g-give me a... moment..."

Once you caught your breath and got into position, the two of you stood opposite of each other, slightly crouched. Your brothers were significantly taller than you, but you never let that be an excuse to hand them victory. At least right away. You tried to use your shorter frame as an advantage when you saw the opportunity. To you, it was never a disadvantage. You wanted to be taught how to fight and they finally agreed, so, you believed that anything you did was their own fault. It was only fair that way.

A quick lunge from you caused Quincy to immediately catch and push himself into your right shoulder, arm hooked around your back while his left hand grabbed your tricep. In a brief matter of seconds, he took a wide step forward before arching his back lower to the ground, then pulled your body over him. Eyes unable to focus on anything, as well as your mental focus, you realized long after the fact that Quincy had thrown you to the ground and had you pinned under his arm. Lying flat on your back, you stared upwards in an attempt to recollect all that had happened in the last three seconds. You should have known that would happen. Quincy was always too good at wrestling. There was rarely a time when you did beat him. In fact, maybe only once, and it was most likely a fluke anyway.