[ Chapter 21 ]

Content Warnings:

•Season 4 Part 2 Spoilers
•Mentions of Death
•Strong Language
•Violence
•Fighting
•Blood
•Panic
•Guns

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Flashback

It had been forever since you last saw Tristan after he joined the Cadet Corps. They hardly got days off but he mostly spent them near camp due to how exhausting training was. However, he was determined to be part of the top ten in his class in order to join the Military Police.

Finally, after a long three years away from home, the 96th Cadet Corps graduated one night. They would then join their respective branches shortly after, only receiving a few days off before they were to report to their appropriate Headquarters. You anxiously waited to see your older brother again, wondering when he would return home.

You still had yet to inform the eldest of your strange abilities. You, nor your father, ever found an appropriate time to discuss the matter, figuring it was best to wait when he was out of training to not have it in the back of his mind. So, when your brother would come home, you had to tell him.

You swung your legs as you sat on the shop counter and wrote some numbers down for your father when the bell that hung above the door jingled. You were in between being spaced-out and focused, almost missing the signal of a customer, however, an oh-so-familiar voice interrupted your task.

"Hey, (nickname)." The voice, which sounded a bit deeper than usual, pulled you from your thoughts. As you lifted your head, you looked over your shoulder to be met with a much taller, and older version of your brother, holding a bag. The last time you ever saw him, he was significantly shorter. Suddenly, he towered a few extra inches/centimeters over you.

Before your mind could completely comprehend what was going on, your body reacted by jumping off the counter to run to him. However, you tripped over yourself the second you hit the wood floor, forgetting the counter was still in the way, as you had sat on the backside of it. The older male chuckled at your clumsiness but still opened his arms in time for you to collide with them as soon as he dropped his luggage.

Practically stuck to him, you never wanted to let go of your brother but knew you eventually had to in order for him to breathe. The boy leaned over you as he held you tight, then ruffled your hair (disregard if you don't have or show your hair) as soon as you finally released him. "Somebody missed me." Tristan teased as he stood up straight again, his (color) eyes still locked with yours. You nodded your head, out of breath from the burst of energy you had had.

"Where's dad?" He suddenly asked and glanced around the shop while he picked up the luggage bag next to his feet. "Back room." You nodded your head towards the door. You started to feel nervous as the conversation neared a new topic: your powers. As soon as your father would lay eyes on Tristan, it would be the first thing out of his mouth.

Eventually, you led your brother through the narrow hall of the back of the shop, towards the workshop, where your father was. Sure enough, the second they met eyes, your father opened his mouth to say "We 'outta talk, son."

Your father did most of the talking, only met with silence from your brother as he took in the information. As soon as your father had finished explaining, your brother was dumbfounded. He never heard of something so strange but could only accept the facts for how they were. The only question he had was "So, now what?"