[ Chapter 3 ]

Content Warnings:

•Season 3 Spoilers
•Strong Language
•Demons
•Ghosts
•Blood
•Injury
•Death
•Guns

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Flashback

Thunder cracked through the sky, shattering as it broke off and dissipated. Your once heavy eyes lifted open to reveal a dark room which occasionally lit up as lighting struck outside your window. It took some time to recollect your surroundings, recognizing it as your bedroom. At your feet, your dog slept peacefully, not minding the midnight storm as she/he had grown accustomed to the frightful weather.

A powerful yawn managed to escape your throat, forcing itself out of you like a trapped apparition. Tears pricked the corners of your (color) eyes, rubbing the sleep out of them afterward. When the static vision was gone, you carefully crept out of bed to leave your room, remembering you had orders to fill for the next supply shipment.

You lit up a small lantern and placed it in the center of the kitchen table before sitting down with a quill and a pad of paper to begin the supply list. While you scribbled down quantities, you heard a loud crash come from downstairs. You flinched and set the quill aside to go and investigate. You then whistled for (dog's name) and she/he immediately came trotting over to your side. "If it wasn't the dog, then what the hell was that noise?" You asked yourself as you grabbed the lantern to take it with you.

You quietly tip-toed down the staircase and peeked around the entryway. There were no signs of anything that had fallen. (Dog's name) followed right behind you as you scoped around the back room but there was still nothing. Everything was where it was supposed to be. You were also home alone which added to the suspicion. You looked down at your dog who sniffed around the hallway. "What is it girl/boy? Is something here?" You whispered. "Or someone?"

She/he must have caught a scent because she/he ran towards the shop door and started scratching, trying to get in. You walked over and slowly opened it for her/him, curious but cautious. It was probably a rat that had gotten inside for all you knew. Hopefully, it didn't have babies in your shop either.

(Dog's name) wasted no time scouting around the shop, on the hunt for something. Eventually, she/he came to a corner and began to growl, pissed off. That's when you quickly grabbed a hammer off the counter, slowly approaching her/him. There was absolutely nothing there... at least to your knowledge. The dog was a lot smarter than you and had picked up on something but what was it?

Suddenly, (dog's name) let out a dangerous bark which startled you. At first, you didn't see anything until, you turned around. There was a black, slender shadow standing over you. It wasn't long before a shriek left your mouth and you dropped to the floor, scooting away but your back hit the wall. The shadow had no features. No face, no hair, nothing. All you saw was the outline of a person and it terrified you. You managed to get up on your feet and climbed over one of the shelves as (dog's name) followed after you.

When you looked around the corner, she/he growled at the shadow that lurked towards you. Hammer still in hand, you raised it up in order to put distance between you and the shadow figure. "W-Who are you?!" You finally got words out of your shaking system but there was no response from it. "Answer me! Who are you and why are you here?!" Nothing.