Chapter 15

Gerard's POV

As soon as my door shut, i kicked my shoes off and sat on the floor against the door and started crying.

I cant let myself get attached because bad things happen, it's happened once before, i'm not going back in that direction, i can't.

Not after that, never. It can never happen again.

"Gee ?" My head shot up and i looked behind me at my door.

"One minute." I ran into my bathroom and dabbed my face with water before taking a couple of deep breaths, quickly changing out of my work clothes and then opening the door.

"Are you okay ?" Thank god it was only Mikey.

"I'm fine... Why do you ask ?" I replied and Mikey furrowed his brows at me.

"You started crying while you walked up the stairs, and frank explained why your mood suddenly changed." Mikey looked at me and i sighed.

"So he told you ?" I breathed, walking over to my bed. Mikey nodded and sat next to me.

"You have nothing to be worried about Gee, you can tell him how you feel without pushing you away. I understand it's hard for you after what happened, but Frank is a good guy, he means no harm." Mikey explained and i nodded.

"I know... but i just can't bring myself to do it because ever since... that... everything became ten times harder and- and it's ruined my life." I stuttered, my eyes filling with tears.

"I know Gee, but it will get better." Mikey said, pulling my down to his shoulder. "Everything will get better, you and Frank can be happy." He said and i closed my eyes, letting a tear slip down my cheek and onto the duvet between my brother and i.

"Am i interrupting ?" I looked up from my place and straightened myself out.

"Nope... Thanks Mikey." I whispered and Mikey nodded.

"I'll leave you two alone." Mikey said, patting my shoulder. I nodded and Frank came and sat next to me.

"I'm sorry if i made you uncomfortable..." Frank spoke and i shook my head, chuckling a little bit.

"It's not your fault... it's mine, i made a move and regretted it because of the past." I said, playing a loose piece of fabric on my sweatpants.

"I asked, but Mikey wouldn't tell me... told me it wasn't his story to tell. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but i just want to know is that why you drink ?" He asked and i started to chew the inside of my cheek, and nodded hesitantly.

"Well... I'm gonna help you. I've helped you and i'm gonna carry on helping you until you get better, and like i said, there's no need to tel me unless you're comfortable and ready; i'm not gonna force you." He said and i felt myself tearing up again.

"Thank you." My voice cracked as tears cascaded down my cheeks and into my lap.

He wrapped his arms around my shoulders, shifting slightly on the bed so he was more comfortable and i buried my head into the crook of his neck.

"It's okay... I'd never wanna make you feel uncomfortable." He ran a hand through my hair, playing with my greasy black locks, comforting me.

"How many times have you done this ?" I giggled and he smiled.

"Done what ?"

"Comforted people ?" I said, smiling as i leant up and wiped my eyes on my sleeves.

"Meh... not many." He smiled and i smiled back, yawning.

"You can go to sleep if you like... It's been a stressful day." Frank said, brushing my hair out of my face and behind my ear.

I nodded and lay down with my head on the pillow, almost instantly falling asleep.