Chapter 19

!!TW!! Mentions of past abuse, being told to commit Sùićide.

Gerard's POV

I think i'm ready to tell Frank... I'm ready to tell him what happened to me and why i didn't want to get close to him at first.

We were sat in Mikey and I's living room, and i noticed that Mikey was getting sleepy. "I'm gonna head to bed." He yawned and i nodded, tapping my fingers on the arm of the couch.

When i heard Mikey's door shut, i took a deep breath and turned to Frank, putting my legs up so my knees were bent over his legs.

"I- uhm... I think i'm ready to tell you." I muttered and Frank smiled.

"You don't need to if you don't want to." He replied and i shook my head.

"No i- i definitely want to." I said and he lay with his head on my chest and my hand moved it's way up into his hair.

"So we're talking about five to ten years ago... i had a boyfriend and he was amazing at first and then as our relationship progressed he started to get angry really easily and i didn't really enjoy being around him that much."

"He then proceeded to get drunk and when i'd come home from work when i worked at Barnes and Noble, he threw a glass at me and started beating me up."

"I didn't know any better, i- uhm i forgave him the following day because he blamed it all entirely on the drink and i was so dumb to forgive him."

"Fast forward a couple years and he'd beaten me up more and i'd forgiven him again and again. I don't know why. I was such an idiot."

"Anyway... I don't know why i did this, but... uhm i bought a ring and i was going to propose to him at a dinner that i had reserved for us and he took the ring when i told him, but he never gave me an answer."

"But when we got home... He shoved me to the floor, and pulled the ring out, throwing it at me and he took a knife from the kitchen... slicing across my chest."

"He proceeded to tell me how no one was going to love me because i was a faggot, and that i should just kill myself because i was a waste of space."

"He stabbed me a couple more times and the doctors said i was lucky to be alive, he's caught some veins and arteries while he stabbed me and i was so lucky."

"I have scars that remind me every day of the abuse that i went through... and- and that's why i drunk my problems away, and pushed people away." I felt a lump grow in the back of my throat, as i waited for Frank to talk.

He sat up and turned to look at me, worry in his eyes. "Gee... Everything that horrid man said is not true. You didn't deserve any of that. I don't understand why- why people have to be like that ?" He said, wrapping his arms around me and holding me.

Tears slipped down my cheeks as he held me tighter. He kissed my cheek before kissing my lips and i kissed him back.

"Please don't ever be like that Frankie." I cried and he shook his head.

"Baby, i would never i promise, i'd want someone to shoot me if i ever turned out like that horrid man. But i promise you i would never do that. Not a hope in hell would i do that to you, to anyone." He said and i nodded as he hugged me again.

Maybe us being together wouldn't be bad.