Reflection and Change

(Writer's POV)

                                                    As the night went ongoing between Carla and Sebastian were taking Cholida from place to place anywhere that caught their eye enough that didn't seem too familiar to any of them. At a certain point, it had become an inside joke for the other three that were at this point just following them as mostly Carla continued to fight almost for her attention. Carla was soon surprised to see Cleo coming out of one of the many stores that lined up in a neat row on the sidewalk. She gave her a soft smile with a wave but as she turned to walk away Carla suddenly got an idea and went for her before she got too far. Lightly grabbed her arm before realizing what she did and let go quickly asking to talk to her to the side as she agreed to have really nothing to do."Sorry, I just wanted to ask before you walk off if you'd like to come with us, you see it's been very awkward so maybe you could help me out." Carla said concerned about her answer she was even more surprised by her response"Sure I could tag along with you if it'll help you."She said with a soft smile as she looked at everyone else with a look that was almost as if she were asking them if they would let her come to. They gave a little nod of acceptance as she returned the smile, While Cholida just stood there confused she had never seen them this close before, yes she saw pictures of them together but that's all she saw that proved they were friends for a bit she saw at least, but she saw the pictures being around the house around less and less as if she were hiding them but then why was she openly inviting her with them.

                        (Cholida's POV)

                                                    I never had a problem with Ms.Schmidt She was nice to me and would bring me gifts on my birthday so through the years I never found an issue but I feel weird about her coming for some reason. But I wouldn't tell Carla that she seems like she trying to let go of the fact that she probably feels like she has to talk to dad or maybe it's the other way around. I turn to Cleo with the best smile I could give her I'd never really talked to Cleo so I knew it was going to be different than other conversations I've had but maybe I needed this Carla trusted her so she has to be okay to talk to I've seen others through the years most find it hard to keep a conversation with Carla which makes since she has high standers for everything even something as basic as a short talk, or my education. Everything I've taken interest in she has pushed me to be the best at everything NO exceptions. So Cleo had to be special in some way for her to feel like she could lean on her in a way, now that I think about it the seemed closer than normal I kind of like this she's helping distract her, and that all that matters to me.    

                  I lean closer to maud making it harder for anyone other than her and Scarlett to hear me"Do you know why Carla is so close to Ms.Schmidt they seem closer than just you know boss and assistant, just look at them."Maud and Scarlett turned to me confused as if they thought I had forgotten something important."What do you mean You don't know Cleo and Carla dated for like 2 years in high school how could you not know, I mean just look at them together Carla may not feel anything anymore but Cleo sure does."I felt a shock-like feeling all over my entire body this sounded so unreal almost surreal to what I was hearing, how could Carla not bring this up, how does everyone other than me know this and how could they act like it's such a basic fact?

                           (Carla POV)

                                       As I felt Cleo and Cholida's eyes on me I almost felt panicked I've never told Cholida about me and Cleo's past relationship I wasn't scared just not ready and I knew if I wasn't ready to share that then it was going to be 10' x if not 100'x harder to tell her about my reasons for hating Sebastian. They have an amazing relationship and I just can't ruin that just because my life with him was horrible. He's trying to change I can see that but I'm just not ready to move on and change myself and I don't care how selfish anyone thinks this is but I just can't let something go unsaid, but how do I start a conversation like that, to begin with. The pain I felt in 7-9 years can't just be swept under the rugged as it did before. She needs to know but not now I want her to shine more she's happy now I'd be no better than him taking away that happiness the way she looks at him that childish almost Cheshire cat-like smile is everything to me I can't take that away from her as he did to me.

                      I looked over to Cleo as she looked at me with a look that could only be described as cat dilated eyes looking at a bug or treat in someone's hand. I reached out my hand and lightly patted her head as she looked at me her face slowly began to resemble a cherry she had a mixed look of embarrassment and shock. she gave me a look of surprise it had been so long since I had done something that had to do with touching her at all. And now I was inviting her to come with them out on a family outing and giving her attention maybe she felt as if nothing had changed from when we were teenagers.NO it did change just not in a way anyone would think maybe there still was hope for this relationship to go somewhere but no more than just friends again like at the beginning before everything changed but it stays like this just this. But hopefully, she knows now that all I was trying to do was protect her from me, even if I was hurt to be all alone again or even if she was resentful of me for breaking things off like that. And moving back to America and thinking we could just reconnect in college just because we happened to both get a scholarship and ended up in the same college. Maybe things can change for the better this time.

SacrificesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara