A real family

(I feel like this song fits Carla)

               (Carla POV)

                                        As we talked more letting the thought sit for a few more hours on the matter everyone agreed that family therapy would help us understand if continuing to pursue contact with Sebastian would last or be worth it, I wasn't going to force them to keep a relationship with him. There really isn't any reason for me to either but I never really got to know him as a person let alone a father figure for the three of us I've seen them interact from time to time but never just sitting there observing him, and Maud said they were never close she was kind of raised by our aunt and mom so she never really needed a reason to get to know him, that's probably why it's easier for her to hold everything against him. She felt closer to me than most of our family I help support her and got here to go concealing when she showed signs of having borderline schizophrenia which worried me so I wanted her to get help before it became worse. She always seems drained but tells me not to worry, but I do anyway and right now it's the other way around. After talking we started thinking about how we were going to get Sebastian to go to family concealing with us, knowing right now he was probably sulking in some self-pity knowing that everything could be falling apart all at once and that he would be shunned from everyone. We had Alex get in contact with him to get him to come to the house so we could tell him what we agreed on and to see if he cared enough to go to try and fix this with us to see where we stand. 

                    We got Sebastian to come to the house to talk, when he walked into the house we stared at one another before I started to the kitchen having just the 6 of us now that Nathen and Catey left 10 minutes before so we can have the house to ourselves. Maud and Clotilda sitting at the table Scarlett and Alex waiting for one of us to start talking almost as if they were waiting for someone to pick up the mic. Getting comfortable at the table I started trying to calm the awkward silence that ringed in everyone's ears."We think it's best if we go to family therapy the times you come over to visit we can also go to family concealing here and there, I've already found someone close to us who can do that for us. But I need to know if you are willing to try to keep this and to keep some kind of peace between us for them."I said using a head gesture towards the other two as they sat waiting impatiently to know Clotilda looked like she knew after this no matter the answer she would be stuck between a rock and a hard place.                                                       Which wasn't right that she thinks she'll get stuck in the crossfire."I'll do it if it can help me show you I changed and can be here for you guys I'll do it. And not just for Clotilda and Maud but for you too Carla I know I'm too late to try and be here for you as a father but I don't want there to always be that obvious tension between us. Even if it's just an understanding of where we stand with each other I just want things to be where you can feel somewhat comfortable with me here nothing special this is your house at anytime you get uncomfortable or it's just too much you can kick me out."He said sounding since and honest I had something similar in mind."I thought of something like that so yeah that works for me and I'll take up the chance to kick you out any day."A tone of amusement that he picked up on, slowly the others could tell that everything was calming down and the tension in the room left just like it came.

                             "So is everything good it's okay that I still want to talk or be around dad in some form or way with you and everything."Clotilda said in a soft tone almost feeling bad for asking." Huh, of course, it's fine You don't have to act weird or like nothing happened but you chose what you want what you feel like it changed for you know this. I won't force you to cut him out or feel overly distant from him for me but how do you feel, and I'm changing to I'll be here with you if you don't know how to handle the situation were here ok." She looked like she had a brain fart from having to think so hard on everything at once."So Maud is this I know this could be a little weird, just like with Clotilda you don't have to force this." She gave a nod and smiled."I'll do it for you guys no point being difficult about this." She said making it clear she meant us, not Sebastian, not fully excluding him but making it clear there would be a large space between them not enough to make tension but that it would be hard to move the space between them. I knew in some way that the pain I felt affected her dearly but I knew if she saw me try to forgive but not forget she'd do the same for me and herself, not wanting to hold on to the past. After a bit of talking Scarlett and Alex made it clear that they would be here and would try to move on from this Scarlett was like a big sister to me I met when I was 10 and she was 16 so she knew my pain and could do nothing to help but she wanted to even just being here for this big change in my life was enough for me.

                                             'For once we felt like a real Family'