two

// SONG: Gimme Shelter, The Rolling Stones \\

-//-

James was half-asleep when he heard the first rumble of thunder outside.

After he and Andrea had gone out to practice some Quidditch tactics, they only managed to stay outside for about half an hour before the rain hit. All day, they'd stayed in the family room, James reading about great Quidditch plays and Andrea trying to charm a bit of paper to show a map of the house, without her wand. 

They still hadn't figured out a way to make their map.

As another rumble of thunder could be heard outside his window, James heard movement in the room across the hall. He smiled to himself as Andrea opened and closed her door, tried to silently run across the hallway and then his door opened.

He lifted his head and looked at her standing there, backlit by the hallway light. "Yes, Miss Russo?" he asked her condescendingly.

He could tell Andrea was rolling her eyes even in the semi-darkness. "Shut up, smug-faced Potter. There's a thunderstorm outside."

"Well I can't control the weather, Andie," he chuckled, resting on his pillow again. He heard his door close and thought for a second she had left. He felt disappointment start to come, then relief as he heard her pad across his bedroom floor.

The room lit up as lightning struck outside again and a rumble of thunder followed closely after. Andrea let out a shriek and quickly jumped into James' bed.

He pulled his cover away for her properly and let her settle into the bed beside him. Andrea snuggled in deeper, cuddling into his side and burying her face under the duvet that reached his chest.

James chuckled at her and gently lifted her head, slipping his arm underneath it so he could hug and comfort her when more thunder came.

"Thunder sucks," Andrea mumbled from her hiding place. James lifted the duvet so he could see her face. Andrea turned her head towards him as she felt her protection move away and scrunched her nose up at him.

James chuckled and pulled a frown at her. "Fuck thunder," he offered. Andrea lifted her head properly and looked out the window behind his bed. "Fuck you thunder!" she shouted at the sky.

James turned and looked out the window too. "Yeah, suck a dick!" As another loud bang was heard, Andrea ducked back under the covers and clutched James' t-shirt tightly.

James' grip around her shoulders tightened but then he perked his ears and listened again. A pounding could be heard from underneath them. "Andie, you hear that?"

"I'm trying not to," she mumbled, her words vibrating his ribs as she talked against his shirt.

"No, not the storm. It sounds like someone's knocking."