twenty-two

// SONG: Make My Heart Fly, Kevin Guthrie &Freya Mavor \\

-//-

"What's the plan, Stan?" Andrea giggled as they walked out of the Main Entrance. James looked down at her with a smirk. "My name's James. Who the hell's this Stan?"

Andrea rolled her eyes and released James' hand, heading ahead of him as she walked through the courtyard. James quickly caught up with her again, grabbing her hand and intertwining their fingers.

Andrea smiled up at him and let him lead the way again. Still holding hands, Andrea felt a tickle at the back of her neck. Looking up, she realized almost everyone in the courtyard was looking at the pair, either subtly or right-out staring.

Andrea stepped closer to James, running her hand up the arm that was holding her hand. "Everyone's staring," she mumbled to him.

James looked up too, seeing as he hadn't been paying the slightest bit of attention to the people around them. A fair amount of both guys and girls were shooting them looks or whispering behind their hands to each other.

James bent down and gently kissed Andrea's temple. "They're just jealous 'cause I get to go out with the star Seeker of the school," he whispered only for her ears.

Andrea smiled to herself before lifting her head and giving him a loving look. "Smooth talker there, puffo," she winked.

"You make me smooth, puffetta," he winked back. Pulling a face, Andrea shook her head. "Pathetic," she snorted.

Continuing out of the main courtyard, Andrea expected James to lead the way down the footpath towards Hogsmeade. But instead, he turned left, heading to the more concealed tree lining of the Forbidden Forest.

"Where are we going?" she asked, curiosity set in. James smiled and picked up his pace, pulling her along. "Well, we go to Hogsmeade quite often. So that's not exciting anymore. I figured I'd take you somewhere a bit more special."

Andrea felt giddy as she followed James along. When he entered the forest though, she got an unnerving feeling. Thankfully, he stopped after a couple of steps, still staying where the sunshine could reach them.

He spun on the spot, smiling down at her. "This – is the exact spot we changed out of our Animagus forms for the very first time, before falling into a fit of laughter and hugging each other in celebration."

Andrea looked around, realizing he was right. "Oh Godric, I completely forgot that we left the others that night. I never realized where we stopped."

James scratched the side of his neck, looking impossibly sheepish. "I did. I've been thinking about that night countless times, about how I wanted to kiss you so badly and how many of our problems would've been solved if I had just grown up that night and done exactly what I wanted to."