twenty-six

-//-

-//-

19th of April, Monday, 1976

"Sirius, you need to apologize," Peter reprimanded. Sirius turned a pout to Andrea and Remus who both raised their hands in surrender.

"Don't look at me. I don't agree with this either," Andrea grumbled, glare firmly in place and pointed at the Slytherin boy.

"I do, but I'm not going get involved. I just want to see him follow through," Remus said.

Sirius groaned and turned to Severus, sulking dramatically. Regulus rolled his eyes beside him at his brother's dramatics. "Unfuck you or whatever," he mumbled at the expecting Slytherin. Snape raised his eyebrows at him, unamused.

Regulus stepped between his brother and the Slytherin boy before Sirius felt tempted to say more. "That's the best you're gonna get. Take it and leave," he said, waving him off.

Peter grabbed Sirius sleeve and turned him away, Remus following, Andrea and Reggie linked by the arms and leading the way.

But it wasn't good enough.

They hadn't done him any favours, and Snape wanted to have the last word.

So he went for the only one he thought he could pick on. "Taken comfort food to another level there, haven't we, Pettigrew?" he mocked the boy.

It had been a hard year for Peter. His height had shot up, his weight had divided over his new height perfectly, even moving towards lanky, but he was still eating more than ever. His metabolism was just processing it better.

At the comment, they all froze, ready to break Snape's face after all. Peter turned to Andrea, and she gave him a firm nod. She1d defend him any day of the week, but this one he needed to do for himself.

He turned to Snape with a determined expression. "I'm curvy and I like it!" Peter recited just as Andrea had told him to say if anyone ever mentioned his size again.

With that, he turned again with his head held high and headed off to lunch, his friends following proudly behind.

-//-

13th of May, Thursday, 1976

"Shut up. Everybody, stop. Don't move, don't speak, don't breathe. I'm trying to think."

"And we all know how challenging that is for you," Marlene muttered under her breath as James slowly went insane.

Andrea released the ponytail she had tied and fluffed her hair out. "I'm gonna kill him. I am actually going to kill him," she grumbled back to Marlene.

Marlene grinned at Andrea but quickly turned again when a shadow fell over the two. Andrea looked up as well to see James standing over her. "Get up," he demanded.