thirty-four

// SONG: Blame It on the Boogie, The Jackson 5 \\

-//-

"Drink this," Remus ordered, handing Andrea a water bottle. Andrea accepted and chugged the whole bottle down, wiping her mouth with her whole hand like a child.

"Now, act sober," Peter tried, holding her by the shoulders. Andrea shook out her arms and legs, blowing out her cheeks while blowing raspberries.

"What about now?" she asked hopefully, grinning up at the two. Remus gave Peter an unconvinced look. "Maybe we just get her off to bed before James sees her."

"Good idea. Let's go." Peter turned and spoke the password to the Fat Lady, the sound of Bowie blasting from behind before it had even opened properly.

Remus and Peter shuffled Andrea inside, using Dorcas and Marlene as human shields.

Unfortunately, the party hosts were stood on top of one of the coffee tables and easily spotted the three sneaky marauders through the crowd.

"Hey! There's our better half's. And Andrea." Sirius laughed at his own joke as he jumped down from the table. Remus shoved Andrea behind him and smiled sweetly at Sirius.

"Hey, Pads," he tried to charm him. Sirius bit the bait, smiling brightly up at him. "Hey, Remmy. Where've you guys been all night?"

Remus glanced at Peter hesitantly, running a hand through his hair. "Oh, uhm... We just went for a walk." James joined Sirius' side and looked between the two boys. "Where'd Andie go?"

Remus felt a shove in his back and a grinning Andrea stood between the two boys. "Here I am," she announced happily.

James narrowed his eyes at her before his scowl turned on Peter. "Is she drunk?"

Remus snorted, seeing as James went straight to blaming the two of them for Andrea's drunken state. He couldn't keep his laugh down as Peter's face showed the expression of someone literally shitting themselves.

"I don't like saying 'I told you so' but-" "The hell you don't, it's your favourite phrase," Peter grumbled back. "Well?" James questioned them, his hands firmly planted on his hips.

Peter shot Remus a horrified look. "Quick, plan B!"

"Plan what – hey!"

A stumbling drunk Peter tried to tackle James but ended up just hugging him around the waist. Remus quickly tossed Andrea over his shoulder and went running for the girls' dorm.

"FREEZE!" Sirius yelled, making everyone stop. Andrea lifted her head heavily. "Ugh...If it's all right, I'm gonna hurl on you now Moony," she mumbled.

Remus quickly sat her down on her feet again, watching her eyes spin around in their sockets. "You good?" he asked her with concern.

Peter released James and stumbled against him, laughing hysterically. James held him up by his arms, glaring at Peter, Andrea and Remus.