twelve

// SONG: Somebody to Love, Queen \\

-//-

Andrea wasn't the only one battling with her thoughts that day. As their classes ended and the sun went down over the Scottish Highlands, Andrea spotted her friends gathered in the Gryffindor Common Room.

Well, half her friends. The other half was missing.

She walked over and Peter and James' conversation came to a complete stop. She raised her brow at them but didn't comment any further.

"What's up with you two, then?" she asked them, sitting on the armrest of Peter's comfy chair.

The boys shared a look before James cleared his throat. "Yeah, uhm... we were just talking about Lily and what I should do to get her to go out with me," he said, not meeting her eye.

Peter glared into the side of James' head. That was definitely not what they had been talking about. "Pussy," Peter muttered under his breath. But luckily for James, Andrea didn't catch it.

The only thing Andrea could hear is a buzzing in her ears.

She should take Dorcas up on that offer from last year and become a lesbian-in-training. Because she absolutely did not understand guys.

She had been caught in her emotions over James ever since he kissed her that June. And then she tried to distract herself by starting a fling with Marshall. Only Marshall wasn't interested in her, but one of her close friends. Yet here they are back where they started, James asking his friends about Lily.

Of course, he's still caught up on Lily, Andrea thought to herself. He had said so as soon as he kissed her that he regretted it and wanted to take it back.

I'm saving myself for Lily, he had told all of them last Christmas. He just got his feelings mixed up with Andrea between friendship and attraction. That's all. Nothing more.

A teacup and its saucer explode behind James on the windowsill, the glass pulverizing immediately and scolding hot tea pouring down from the sill.

Andrea's eyes went wide in shock as many other people in the Common Room go over to see what happened to it. And Andrea had a dangerous thought.

Did I do that?

Maybe with her emotions so strong, she had accidentally used some magic, losing control of what she thought was a special talent.

She didn't like that one bit.

And she was not going to lose control over herself and her magic just because of a guy. Even if it was James.

So, rolling her shoulders back, Andrea put on the fakest smile she could muster and forced James to look up at her.

"You know, even though Lily Evans is very cool and very pretty, she's still just a regular human being. When was the last time you asked her out?"