forty-one

// SONG: Scenes from an Italian Restaurant, Billy Joel \\

-//-

9th of April, Saturday, 1977

"You plan on telling them we're gonna stop in five minutes for the rest of us to pee?" Lucretia asked Andrea, hanging out of the open window of the car.

Andrea cocked her head to the side, eyeing the line-up of the peeing boys. "Nah. James wouldn't stop whining about needing to pee, so I let them pee. They wouldn't care to pee in a bathroom," she chuckled.

Lucretia had stayed in the car, not bothering to get out but the other girls had gotten out and leaned against the car with Andrea, all watching the boys with interest.

They had finished up their visit at Andrea's cousin's in Atrani and spent the day shopping in Amalfi. Now they were on the last leg of their journey, driving off to Ravello for the rest of the night and then taking a Portkey back to school in the morning.

As the boys finished up Andrea had to run away as James tried to touch her with his hands without washing them.

Getting back in the car, all the guys complained when Andrea pulled into the pitstop four minutes later, and then back in the car again, everyone let out the last few bits of energy.

It was the last day of their break and they weren't going to waste a single second. "Here, Remus. I bought some chocolate but couldn't finish it all. You want some?"

Andrea glanced in the rear-view mirror and saw Remus' face light up as Lucretia offered him chocolate.

With a quiet thank you, he accepted it, taking a large bite of the chocolate. Andrea almost swerved into the oncoming lane as a guttural cry left him, the look of someone who just swallowed a lemon on his face.

"Sweet lord this is what evil must taste like," he spat, trying to wipe the chocolate off his tongue. "The hell is that? You trying to poison me, Adams?"

"It's not poison, you drama queen, it's chocolate. 100% real, human chocolate." Sirius grabbed the packet out of Remus' hands and read the front. He let out a sinister snigger, giving Remus the chocolate back. "100% real... And vegan," he laughed.

Remus turned to Lucretia with a horrified look. "VEGAN?!"

James rested his arm over the back of Andrea's seat and leaned forward, turning the music of Billy Joel up to block out the fighting in the back.

Andrea gave him a quick side-glance before returning her eyes to the road. "Thank you," she smiled.

James dropped his mouth to her exposed shoulder and gave it a quick kiss. "You're welcome, cuero mio." 

Andrea gleamed at the Italian pet name, loving how much Italian James had spoken all through their trip.

Most of her Italian relatives of the older generation have never left their hometown and don't speak a word of English so the only ones capable of communicating with any of them through the entire trip had been Andrea, James and Sirius.