Chapter 4

"Umm, I'll be fine with just watching you guys have a go at it! I'm not a good actor anyways." you smiled slightly at them. Their faces seemed crestfallen, while Pallad and Donna hugged you from the side.

"WE KNEW YOU WOULD NEVER BETRAY US." Pallad cheered. You smiled awkwardly as you pushed them away from you.

"DCKZ has a livestream! I gotta go." Donna waved as she trailed out of the grey metal door on the rooftop. Her footsteps tapped away as you looked back at Kazuha.

"Good luck. I have to head off too now." you held your fist to his shoulder lightly.

"Okay." his sadness seemed to envelope him. You ruffled his hair with one hand, then headed back down the stairs, to your clubroom.

"Hola, (Y/N), I got up seats for you!" Donna waved at you from inside the clubroom. DCKZ's livestream was playing on the flat TV screen in front of you.

"OH. DEAR. LORD." you settled yourself down beside her. DCKZ were performing an online live concert, and you'd bought tickets for this. You were kind of a DCKZ fan, and kind of stanned Zhongli, the oldest, raven haired member whose hair ended in glowing orange highlights, and kind, yellow eyes. He was also the most forgetful and knowledgeable of the group, which was why they called him 'grandpa'. Donna loved Diluc, she literally thought about him all day. Childe and Kaeya had pretty much the same energy in terms of attractiveness.

The concert started, and you admired and cheered for the performances along with Donna. You had decided to skip art class for this, so you knew Kazuha was probably getting worried and you'd get a scolding, but it was worth it.

||

"You skipped class for a livestream?!" Kazuha shouted. Ouch. He didn't need to shout. The art teacher hated you anyway. What was so bad about not wanting to see someone who hated you and watch something nice instead?

"Is this what I send you to school for?" your mom questioned sternly. Your father waved his hands as he stepped in between, trying to calm her down, but she just held up a hand to silence him.

"Look at Kazuha. He's a model student, unlike you. He always gets the highest grades in his class, and wins national level competitions. What do you do? What can you do? I'm ashamed to call someone like you my daughter." your mom pointed at you. Silent tears rolled down your eyes as you sniffed a little bit. Was it so important for her to compare you to Kazuha all the time?

"If it wasn't for Kazuha, I wouldn't even have known all about this. I guess this is why they say girls nowadays are good for nothing except for liking some weird guys they don't even know." your mom spoke sharply. Your heart ached like crazy. "Out of my house. Now." your mom dragged you by the elbow to the front door.

"(M/N)! Stop!" your father and Kazuha yelled simultaneously. They dashed towards your mom, but she didn't stop. She opened the front door wide open, and threw you on the doorstep. You winced in pain as you grazed your elbow on the rough stone.

"Don't ever come back!" your mom slammed the door shut. Sounds of arguments and shouts erupted from inside the house, then your dad's voice.

"KAZUHA, GO BACK TO YOUR ROOM!" he yelled at the top of his voice. Soft footsteps sounded across the floor, meaning he'd gone back up. As for you, you didn't know where to go. You slowly clambered back up on your feet, whimpering. The cold winter air hit your face as the snow made your bare feet freeze. You trembled slightly in th cold, and let tears roll down your face. You didn't have your phone, and you didn't know where your friends lived. You walked on some more, before skidding to a stop, and sitting yourself on a bench by the bus stop.

"Is everything alright, miss?"