Chapter 9

"Now, Kazuha. Its time for me to tell you some important things." your father slung his hand around a chuckling Kaedehara.

"Of course, sire." he smiled and you chuckled at your father's silliness. Your father led away Kazuha, as you sat, pen and book in hand, to sort through your script. You had written this much.

Kokomi: *lying on the ground* I won't give up, not ever.

Gorou: I knew you'd be out here. Whats happened to you, Celestia? Don't hide behind a wall of ice. I can see right through it.

Kokomi: *laughing* If only you knew, poor thing. I am a sinner, and I deserve what I am suffering. Every person in the house of Carmen is a sinner.

Gorou: Celestia . . .

Aether: Don't tell my sister what to do, Marxis.

Gorou: I have no other choice. The plan she's going to carry out-

Kokomi: I've made my choice. Thats it. You don't need to know or meddle any more.

And that was it. Kokomi had told you to prepare a very short script, so this was sufficient. Your father soon came back with Kazuha, who was still smiling.

"Future son-in-law! Can you get your future mother-in-law some water?" your mother giggled. Kazuha laughed then went to get her some water.

"My little girl's gonna become Kaedehara (Y/N) one day . . . Don't forget us." your father wiped a fake tear from his eye. You rolled your eyes and laughed. Your parents were so dramatic.

"Kazuha, come sit by your (Y/N) beloved." your mother gestured for Kazuha to sit beside you as she accepted a glass of water from him. Kazuha plopped down next to you, and smiled at them.

"Christmas is coming soon, so why don't you two go and do the gift wrapping work for us?" your mother asked. You nodded slightly as you smiled at her. You and Kazuha headed to do the assigned work, but you lingered behind a bit to hear what your parents would talk about together. Definitely not eavesdropping.

"They've grown so much . . ." your mother's soft voice sounded.

"Yeah. They're the best together, to be honest. They remind me of you and me." your father replied.

"University times?" your mother teased.

"Stop it." your father chuckled.

You walked away from the door, tears forming in your eyes. It must hurt them so much. It would hurt your mother to have to leave everything behind, and it would hurt your father to have to live without her.

"(Y/N)?" Kazuha looked at you worriedly as you entered the storage room for your task. You realised tears were rolling down your eyes, and buried your head in his chest.

"Shhh." Kazuha stroked your hair soothingly. You welcomed the gesture, and leant into his warmth. Kazuha wiped away your tears with a finger, then leant in closer to you. You closed your eyes, and then felt his soft lips on yours in a moment. You leant into the kiss, and deepened it, as you slung your arms around his back. He held your head protectively with one hand, while his other hand cupped your cheek. You embraced him tightly once the kiss was over, unable to look into his eyes anymore without blushing hard.

"Kazuha, I'm scared." you admitted.

"It's okay. I'm here." he kissed your forehead gently, then pulled you into his chest, consoling you for as much as you wanted, because he loved you to no end.