Chapter 11

Please let Mom live.

Please save (M/N).

On the night befor Christmas ended, two desperate wishes were made from the heart by two individuals who loved each other and (M/N).

||

"No! D-don't take her away, p-please!" you yelled, but the men from the funeral parlor just dropped their gazes in sympathy, and continued carrying her away. Their director, a crimson eyed girl with chocolate brown hair, stood smiling in the midst of the sorrowful mourning in the house, creepily.

"Thank you for coming at such short notice, Miss Hu Tao." your father talked to the girl. She giggled and shook hands with him.

"Wangsheng Funeral Parlour is always happy to do business with clients, any time of the day!" she said cheerfully. Your father was doing his best to hold back his tears as he nodded at her, and gave a fake smile.

You dashed upstairs, and into your room.

"(Y/N)?" Kazuha's soft voice sounded outside the door.

"Come in." you said between sobs. Kazuha stepped in, and sat down beside you on the floor. You raised your face to meet his, eyes that knew of the same pain as you did, or even more. He was doing his best to hold back his tears, and stay strong for you.

"Kazuha, she's dead." you sniffed. Kazuha murmured 'I know' and pulled you into his chest.

"We'll never see her again." you whimpered. Kazuha caressed your hair as he rubbed circles on your back with the other.

"Shh." Kazuha motioned you to be quiet. Quiet you fell, and even quieter were your sobs. Your trembling wouldn't stop, however, nor would the pain in your heart. Kazuha massaged your shoulders, and kissed you over and over again, reassuring you that he was here, and it'd be okay.

"L-look. Mama's c-coin-" you opened the palm to reveal the glistening 100 yen coin that was so lucky to your mother. Kazuha traced it with his fingers, then planted a kiss on your lips.

"(M/N) is always here." he put a finger on your heart. "She'll always be."

You nodded between sobs, and hugged him. He hugged you tightly as if he never wanted to let you go. You, he would protect with his life. Because you were his most important person.

"Kazuha . . ." you spoke his name without giving it any thought.

"Hm?" you felt his breath in your ear.

"Will you stay with me forever?" you asked, trembling. Kazuha chuckled softly and sadly, then kissed your neck. It startled you, but you immediately pulled yourself out of your flustered condition.

"I'll always stay with you, (Y/N)." he pressed his face against your hand, eyes closed.

"Promise?" you asked.

"Promise." he replied, kissing the back of your hand.

"Don't go anywhere like Mom." you embraced him again. He stroked your hair with his hand.

"I won't. I promise you." he promised. You felt a smile crack on your face for a brief moment. A real smile. Kazuha made you happy, with every word and action of his. He made you feel complete.

"Thank you." you murmured softly. Kazuha patted your head.

"You're always welcome, (Y/N)."