Chapter 15

"The Shogunate is coming through!"

"Waah, so cool!"

The students' excited faces lined the corridors as Kujou Sara, the twins Raiden Ei and Makoto, their younger brother Raiden Kunikuzushi, who went by the name Scaramouche, Kitsune Saiguu, Tengu Sasayuri and Oniji Chiyo of the Shogunate drama club passed through the halls. They were pretty popular, and you'd known of them too. People loved them and raised fanclubs for them.

"GOD I DON'T GET WHAT PEOPLE FIND GREAT ABOUT THEM!" Gorou huffed loudly, causing everyone to glare at him. Kokomi bowed her head in apology as she protected Gorou from everyone's staring. You leant against Kazuha's shoulder as you watched them go past. He intertwined his fingers with yours in a strong grip and chuckled at Gorou.

"Its unwise to talk about veterans that way, Gorou. You must speak of them respectfully." Kazuha smiled. Gorou shut up and pouted, causing Kokomi to pat his head.

You jumped as you felt Aether's shoulder brush against yours and smiled nervously at him. He smiled back as his golden eyes shifted to the members of the Shogunate. Raiden Ei and Makoto had similar purple hair in braids, Kujou Sara had short purple hair that ended above her shoulders giving her a boyish look while Scaramouche had short purple hair that was in quite a weird hairstyle. Saiguu had beautiful white hair, Sasayuri had long glistening black hair with a pair of obsidian eyes and Chiyo had black hair with blood red eyes and a cheerful smile on her face. You admired their looks as well as they went past, not noticing that Aether kissed your hand as your gaze was fixed upon them.

||

"Ugh, my makeup's all ruined!" Saiguu looked at herself in the mirror with a pout on her face.

"No one cares." Chiyo rolled her eyes. Saiguu scowled at her then went back to combing her silvery hair.

"Guys, calm down." Makoto waved her hands in vain as everyone glared at each other.

"Oi, Sasayuri, help me carry this wood." Ei demanded. Sasayuri scoffed as he glowered at her.

"No way. I'm playing a game right now. I'm busy." he turned back to his phone for the hundredth time that day. Ei clenched her fists as she slammed the wood down in front of him and sat on top of it.

"You're helping me, lazy ass!" she thundered as Sara tried to drag him off his chair.

"You're being noisy. Thats why no one likes you." Scaramouche hissed at Ei. Sara turned her eyes towards him angrily.

"You don't say anything to my Ei!" Sara raged. Ei stood smugly behind her girlfriend, nodding.

"Guys, calm down." Makoto waved her hands to calm them once again. As always, even though she was their leader, everyone ignored her.

"Yare yare dawa." she pressed a hand to her forehead as she watched them fight. To everyone else, the Shogunate was this happy bunch of true friends, but the reality was far from that.

Scaramouche was their mother's boyfriend's son and their mother had left their father for that very boyfriend. Their father had abused them till they turned sixteen and their aunt decided to take them in after she noticed. There was still a hateful relationship between them and Scaramouche though. Mostly Ei and Scaramouche. Everyone in the Shogunate was in it for the fame and money, and not for dreams or goals or happiness or friendship or anything beautiful like that. The rest of them too, didn't get along. The Shogunate was like oil and water. No one got along, but pretended they did.

She'd been watching the small Resistance group that wanted to beat them. And maybe they would beat them. The Shogunate was after all, just a stupid materialistic group.