Chapter 20

"I told you to keep conscious about your own safety." Kazuha glowered at the dark blonde boy, who just hung his head low and nodded. Kokomi patted Gorou's head comfortingly, which was quite admirable of her. As for you, you had no idea what to say in this situation. The smell of medicinal fluids and the sound of cardiac machines beeping on the huge, flat monitors, felt almost nostalgic to you. Which was kind of weird, but that was probably just a minor thing.

"Sorry I'm late." Aether burst in through the door, panting. His eyes met yours and for a second, you felt like you wanted to reach out and hug him. Which was weird, once again. What was going on with you? Aether gave you a small smile before heading over to sit beside Gorou on the opposite end of the bed from which you stood, and put his hand on Gorou's back comfortingly. You found yourself staring at the golden haired boy, for whatever reason it was that your heart had.

"Why'd you do something like that? Throwing yourself in front of a vehicle and all-" Aether started but Gorou held up a hand to silence him.

"I didn't throw myself, okay? The vehicle ran me over." Gorou snapped. "And as for why I was walking in the middle of the road, I got a call five hours ago. Master Sangonomiya's thrown me out because he heard that I broke up with Kokomi." he finished, holding back tears. Kokomi nodded at his statement.

"I don't know why Papa did that- I told him I don't wanna keep Gorou away from his real love either! And then- and then-" her voice broke into small fits of sobbing as she caressed her tired eyelashes that framed her reddened ocean blue eyes. 

"Its not your fault." was all the statement you could give, and she nodded as if comforted, still whimpering but a little less than before. Gorou clenched his fist then opened it back again, hand on his chest in an effort to calm himself down.

"Wanna stay at ours for a while?" Aether kindly suggested.

"Ask my childhood therapist." Gorou pointed at Kazuha with a slight, joking smile on his face. Aether turned to Kazuha for the final verdict.

"Make sure he's never alone. Only the Archons would know what he would do if he's left all alone." Kazuha replied, and Aether nodded. "Gorou, behave well." Kazuha smirked. Gorou scratched the back of his head with a groan.

"Shut up. I know." Gorou hissed, inspecting his hand which had been attached to the cylinders above. "They say I'll be discharged in four days. I'll get to your place then."

"Sure!" Aether smiled. You felt your heart twist in an odd way, and you shook that feeling off as quickly as it had come.

"Didn't you say Gorou's been your best friend since childhood? Why does he act like that with you?" you whispered, tugging on Kazuha's sleeve. He chuckled and patted your head.

"Friends act like that sometimes." he whispered back, as he smiled at you. You didn't act like that with your friends, but well, sure.

"We're here!" Donna loudly exclaimed in the hospital, which for the Archons' sake was not a good thing to do, and practically threw a bouquet of flowers at Gorou's head. Gorou caught it just in time, fortunately.

"Careful with the patient." Kazuha smirked as Gorou set the flowers on his bedside table, then inspected his wrist to be sure that it hadn't been strained trying to catch the bouquet.

"Sorry." Donna smiled sheepishly as she set herself down on the couch opposite to the bed.

"I brought this new concoction that is likely to not work well for patients, so try it!" Timaeus interjected enthusiastically. You laughed as a final head popped in, one you didn't know.

"Oi, Gorou! What you doing here in bed?! Don't tell me you're skippin' out on recording now!" a white haired man with red eyes popped in. His hair was quite messy, and the clothes he wore looked top brand. Another walked in behind him, leaving practically no space in the room. This one had light blonde hair and emerald hued blue eyes.

"Itto, Albedo, sorry." Gorou said sheepishly. The one he'd referred to as Albedo walked towards him and hit his head lightly.

"Don't mind Itto. Its fine if you stay in bed since you're a patient. Zhongli said its fine to cancel rehearsals and livestreams and take a short hiatus for you to be able to resume work." Albedo shrugged as he ruffled Gorou's hair.

"You shouldn't have gotten in an accident!" Itto yelled, which made Albedo glare at him. 

"Itto, he got hurt." Albedo snapped.

"Not my probs! Its his fault!" Itto yelled back with the same fierceness that Albedo had spoken to him with.

"Guys-" Gorou laughed slightly as he watched them fight.

"This is a hospital, wherein calmness is the most important, so we must not-" a taller man with black hair that had orange highlights tied back in a ponytail, black rimmed glasses and a rather deep voice emerged from behind Itto.

"Yeah, yeah, Grandpa!" Itto snapped.

"Be more respectful." Albedo retorted, throwing him a disapproving glance.

"Manager Zhongli!" Gorou's eyes widened in surprise. Zhongli looked down at him with kindness in his jaded eyes.

"I presume they are taking good care of you, Gorou." Zhongli smiled at him.

"Well, yeah-" Gorou nodded, still a bit surprised.

"Manager?" Kazuha looked at Gorou in surprise. Even Kazuha, as Gorou's best friend who he told the most confidential of secrets to, didn't seem to know.

"What in the world-" Kokomi stared at Gorou, as did Aether, Donna and Timaeus, as well as you, obviously. Was Gorou some kind of idol? Why didn't you know about him then?

"We're an utaite group." Gorou confessed. The term was familiar to you. An utaite was a person who made covers of songs and posted original songs online without revealing their face. They revealed their face only in concerts, and it was a strictly confidential event, taking photos and videos of which was considered as a punishable offence.

"Me, Albedo and Itto. We're known online as Haze- which is me, Nulenmilk- which is Albedo and Koshisora- the white haired animal guy who's been yelling for every second he's been here. Don't question Albedo's name. We're in the group 'ROCKeT', search it and it'll come up." he finished and closed his eyes.

You pulled out your phone and typed out the words in the search bar. Sure enough, you found an official channel with over five million subscribers.

"You're super famous!" Aether murmured as he peered over your shoulder to look at your phone.

"Well, yeah." Gorou sighed as he pulled a pillow over his face. "Don't tell a soul though."

"When'll you be back?" Albedo asked worriedly as he glanced around the hospital room.

"Soon. Next Wednesday." Gorou replied.

"Don't push yourself." Zhongli ruffled Gorou's hair who winced as if it was super embarrassing. "We'll come back tomorrow. We've planned a bit of a tour for Albedo and Itto. They'll work on the song you were originally going to sing with Itto. Take rest till then." Zhongli walked out the door, placing a small basket of fruits on Gorou's bed before he left.

"Take care bud, see ya soon. And I mean soon. Don't skip out on us lying in bed like that for a month or two!" Itto yelled.

"Come with me." Albedo dragged Itto out by his collar while waving. "See you, Gorou."

"See you." Gorou smiled as he waved at the other members of ROCKeT.

"ROCKeT even had a collab with DCKZ!" Donna's eyes widened as she stared at her phone screen.

"What?!" you snatched the phone from her as you looked at the website open on her screen with the title in bold- DCKZ partners for concert with popular utaite group ROCKeT; fans delighted.

The one you'd considered the least to be famous, turned out to be an utaite.