Chapter 24

"Go out with you?" Gorou asked, eyeing Ayaka carefully. She nodded, silvery blue eyes red from crying.

"If I make him believe you're the one I love and we stay together- I know its selfish, but please." she prostrated in front of him. Gorou lifted his lover to meet his height and embraced her.

"Ayayak, even if you don't love me, I'll always love you. I'll do whatever I can for you." he sifted his hand through her hair. "If it means protecting you, I'll do whatever I can for you." he smiled reassuringly at her. She buried her head in his chest and tugged on his sleeves.

"I'm so sorry-" she wept uncontrollably. "Because of me, your future-" she shook her head. Gorou patted her head with a quiet smile.

"Its fine. I told you, I'll do anything for you. Its your future that will be dampened if you go out with me. You'll lose your chance at Kazuha after all." Gorou flicked her nose slightly. Ayaka shook her head with a small, sad smile.

"I've given up on him. He won't ever look at someone like me. Its fine now." she put on a brave smile. One he loved. And also one that terribly pained him. He knew Kazuha didn't have any love for someone other than (Y/N) too.

"Thats good to hear then." Gorou smiled back. She was the princess he loved. The one he cherished. And he'd do anything for her. He'd probably be called an idiot, but he didn't mind.

"DO YOU SEE THAT? THATS CALLED THE BEGINNING OF LOVE!" Yoimiya whisper yelled excitedly from behind the hospital door. Thoma's emerald eyes sparkled at the sight.

"I'm the one feeling embarrassed now!" Thoma hugged Yoimiya's shoulder as he glanced fondly at Ayaka and Gorou. They'd been very close in their childhood, and for them to be together again was his wish. Gorou was akin to his brother after all.

|

"I'm glad you have your memories back." Aether smiled as you leapt into his arms and smiled back at him.

"I'm glad I remember." you kissed him on the cheek and he nodded.

How many years had it been since he'd last held you like this? Well, he wasn't about to tell you the entirety of his intentions towards you. That would be inconvenient. The first thing he'd have to do was to secure the death of Kaedehara Kazuha. It would be written off as suicide committed out of heartbreak and he'd be safe. And you'd be his. Then (F/N) would have to tell him where it was. The fortune of the (L/N) family.

|

Kazuha woke up, startled by the sound of footsteps. There wasn't supposed to be anyone in the attic. And the paranormal wasn't something he wholly believed in. He walked slowly and carefully out of the attic, and descended the stairs to the dark and dusty store room. He looked cautiously around the room and then peered out the window. Nothing.

But it was then that he recognised the presence of someone else in the room with him. Standing right behind him.