Chapter 12

Kazuha looked at his watch, then continued writing in the book that lay open before him. His gaze flickered across the pages, as he read through the script he'd prepared for the Resistance to win against the Shogunate. His hand flew to his pen as he added a few more details and omitted some lines. Fine tuning a script twice was usually against his morals, but this time was an exception. He just couldn't stop thinking about (Y/N) and (M/N). He couldn't stop thinking of the tears in her eyes and her thin shoulders that trembled with sorrow. He wanted to hold her and never let her go.

(Y/N). She was a beautiful girl, with an equally beautiful personality. She had equitable kindness for all, and her heart was as beautiful as that of a goddess. He wanted to read her soul, and know everything about her. His heart was filled with immense joy everytime she appeared before his eyes, and he loved it when she blushed at his every action. She was unpredictable, but awfully cute.

Whenever he tried to focus, his thoughts ultimately came and rested upon her, and he'd pine for her again. He couldn't live for a second without her. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of (e/c) and her gaze melted away the worries and sorrows in the core of his heart. Was it her personality, or was it her love that made him so restless? He wished to be with her for as much time as the world would allow him.

Eventually, he knew he would die. Lives were like flies to a fire, always drawing unknowingly closer to danger, and then once they got to the apex, they would burn away as if they had no meaning at all, burnt to piles of ashes, grey and black. He had pondered many a time on the meaning of his existence, and had thought of waiting to see what it was. He still chose to wait rather than to act. However, should any misfortune befall (Y/N), he would act, unlike the usual passiveness that he displayed. He would never let any harm come to her. If he had to be a sword for her, he would be a sword, sharp and glistening, ready to cut down any obstacles that may lie on her path. If he had to be shield for her, he would be a shield, sturdy enough to protect her from each and every danger. He wanted to do whatever he could for her, his beloved and his salvation.

It was raining quite a bit outside. He closed his eyes and focused on the sound of rain. The sounds soothed his mind, and finally eased his heart. He felt the sounds ring into his soul like a neverending song, and lolled into a state of focus. The sounds were extremely elaborate and meticulous, whispering their microscopic words into his ear, constricting his access to those in the mortal plane. The sounds grew intense, as if singing a melancholic ballad, and his reflections ceased, as all he felt was the emotion mixed in the vibrations of the sounds around him. His heart tingled at the intensity of the song, and his ears picked up pace, as he heard a voice.

"Stay quiet!"

Ah, it came from the attic of the house that lay across the street. It seemed a man was threatening the woman who dwelled in the house. He picked up his phone, and dialed the police.

"This is (____). Violence is taking place in the house across mine. Please arrive immediately." he spoke loudly, knowing that no one else would be able to hear him. The distress in the atmosphere had been due to the woman's distressed situation.

"Understood. We'll get there shortly." a gruff voice sounded across the line, then the call was cut. Kazuha would leave the situation in their hands. However, should the perpetrator try to escape, he'd set aside all sense of passiveness, and catch him. Criminals were not to be let go of so easily.

No one was purely evil. Everyone had their reasons. It was impossible for those who had souls to be completely evil. Kazuha had his own grey spots too. However, violence against the innocent was a truly blasphemous act of profanity. He would rise to stop it, setting aside archaic morals. Morals were innocuous, however, sometimes they did stop the just from taking place, and ceased to exist as innocuous statements and vows.

He closed his eyes again and a whisper left his lips.

"The sounds of nature are the breath of life."

A/N: How was my try at writing Kazuha's side??