Chapter 23

"Seems like it worked, Aether kun." Yae recollected her blonde haired friend. Aether's life was pretty restrictive, and she was the only one who could make it better. (Y/N) chan.

You were regaining those pieces of your past which you'd lost. Slowly but surely, it was all coming back. You clutched your head as you remembered those memories.

"I love you, (Y/N)." Aether held your hands in his own, delicate ones. You traced his soft fingers and lifted your mouth up in a smile.

"I love you too, Aether." you embraced the golden haired boy, on whom you'd had a crush for the longest time.

"Thats nice." Kazuha stepped out from behind. His red eyes were somewhat hurt, but did he even have anything to be hurt for? You dismissed the thought of him being unhappy at your getting yourself a boyfriend.

You'd been with him for the longest time, until his mother's car ran you over and you lost your memories. And they never told you. Your one true love. Aether. It wasn't him. That red eyed liar.

"(Y/N), what happened?" you felt a hand on your shoulder. You pushed away Kazuha, who just stared at you in shock and pushing the hurt out of his expression, repeated the question with a more solemn tone. "What happened?" Ganyu and Beidou emerged behind him with questioning looks. You held up the picture in front of him, and his eyes widened in shock.

"Why didn't you tell me?" you blinked back tears as you glared at the face of your boyfriend, which no longer looked as good looking or cute as it had before. All you could see was the face of a liar.

"We wanted to protect you." he bit his lip and averted your gaze as turned his crimson eyes to the ground. You saw blood pour out of the edges of his mouth as his lips quivered.

"Tell me the real reason." you snapped as you glared furiously at him. He whimpered slightly as tears rolled out of the corner of his eyes. You felt no sympathy. Not towards him.

"I love you. I want you, (Y/N), I-" he was interrupted as you raised your hand to strike his cheek. He staggered, shocked and left in deep dismay by your action as he held up a trembling hand to his cheek which was red from your action. Tears poured out even more furiously from his crimson eyes and he hugged his shoulders as he looked down at the ground.

"I hate you, Kazuha." you declared as you glared at him. He tried to hold your hand, a final desperate attempt to get you to sympathise with him, to get you to stay with him. He looked so pathetic in that moment that you burst out laughing. He stared sorrowfully as you laughed at his pathetic stature.

"I'm going." you pushed him harshly against the door as you turned around to leave with Yae. You knew her very well, though you'd forgotten. And she'd take you to where your love was. Aether.

|

"You okay, kid?" Beidou put a hand on Kazuha's shoulder comfortingly.

"I'm fine. Please let me be alone for some time." Kazuha gave them a quick fake smile as he headed inside and rushed upstairs, then holed himself in the cold, empty attic. His place of isolation for when he felt down.

The cold bit into his skin as the darkness hovered everywhere in the hollow space, making him aware of the fact that he was completely alone.

He hugged his body closer to himself and closed his eyes, trying to forget the pain. Trying to forget everything. It wasn't as if he was deserving of them in the first place.

Kaedehara Kazuha was a failure and a stain in the purity of the world.