Chapter 6

You hurried downstairs, to where your parents and Kazuha were seated, comforting her. Seeing you finally come downstairs, a look of relief arose in their eyes.

"Mom, whats gonna happen to you? What was Kazuha saying?" you asked, your voice breaking just a bit. Your father looked away from you, then finally spoke.

"(Y/N), your mother has brain tumour which cant be healed. She has only a week left to live, from now. It was a month before, but she didn't want to tell you and Kazuha about it." his voice was weak, as if he were crying too. You dropped down onto the floor, then slowly went towards your mom. You grabbed her hand shakily, and rested your head on her hand.

"I'm sorry, Mom!" you apologized. Tears ran down your eyes, as your heart ached even more.

"Mom is sorry too, (Y/N)." she softly patted your head.

Flashback-

"Kazuha, stop taking whats rightfully mine!" you yelled at your stupid white haired roommate.

"That wasn't yours!" he yelled back.

"Calm down now, both of you. You'll only have each other after Mom and Dad are gone, you know?" your mother spoke, leaning against the door frame.

"Sheesh, don't talk like that, Mom!" you scolded her, as she laughed slightly and came over to you and Kazuha, patting your heads.

Flashback end

"Mom, please don't go away, please." you gripped her fingers tightly. She smiled weakly and patted your head.

"I'm so sorry (Y/N), but I have to go. God is calling me, you know? But I'll always be there, don't think I'm going anywhere. Here, here." she placed something lightly in your palm. Your eyes fell on a small coin. "This is my lucky coin. Think of it as me, and don't cry. You look better when you smile, (Y/N)." she brought you up to your feet, and you enveloped her in a hug.

"I can't live without you, Mom!" you cried as she rubbed circles on your back.

"Sure you can! You have Dad, Kazuha, my coin and you're a big girl now!" she kissed your forehead. Kazuha watched silently from a corner, not daring to interrupt this moment, nor daring to approach you.

The next day

"Are you sure you want to go on a shopping trip with me and my friends? Didn't you hate it before?" your mom asked. You shook your head.

"Mom, I'm not leaving you for a second. We've got to make it memorable, right?" your voice cracked a bit, and your mother hugged you. It was as if she wasn't the one who was suffering, and you hated that.

"Where's Kazuha?" she asked. Kazuha was popular with her friend circle, as he always accompanied her whenever she went out. He liked to see new places and meet new people, it made him popular with almost everyone. Unlike you.

"Coming." Kazuha hurried out of the kitchen, a piece of bread in his mouth. Which was oddly cute. You pushed that thought out of your mind.

"Eat properly first, dearie. We're not in a rush." your mother said. Kazuha shook his head with a small 'its fine, (M/N)'. He didn't call your parents as 'mom' and 'dad', not ever, and that made sense, since they were practically not blood related. He treated them as good friends, and they treated him the same.

||

"Oh, its your baby, (Y/N)! She's so much taller now!" one of your mom's friends who probably knew you, but who you didn't know, looked at you with a sense of nostalgia. "Remember Auntie Marsha?" she asked. You shook your head slightly and awkwardly. "What a shy girl!" she giggled.

"Hello, Marsha." Kazuha steered her attention away from you, and you breathed in relief.

"Hey, Kazuha, how were the sweets I gave you last time?" she cooed.

"Pretty great." he smiled slightly at her. A girl stood shyly next to her.

"Hey, Kazuha." she whispered slightly, and blushed as soon as he looked at her.

"Hello, Amy. How's it going?" he asked, smiling. You felt a twinge of jealousy as you looked at them both.

"I knew you had a thing for our Kazuha." your mother whispered in your ear, giggling. You blushed furiously and elbowed her jokingly,"Mom!"

"Hello, Amy!" you headed over to the timid girl, with a slight annoyance in mind, but friendliness in tone. Kazuha's eyes widened as you came over to them. Well, it was pretty unusual for you to do that.

"Hello, um, (Y/N), r-right?" she asked. Her voice was as cute as she looked, which made you even more insecure. What if she liked Kazuha? Did you like Kazuha? Had your mom been right all along? Your mom looked at with an amused smile from beside Marsha. You smiled back at her. It was nice to see she was enjoying herself since she didn't have much time left. At that thought, your heart teemed with intense pain.

"I-I'm sorry to hear about Miss (M/N)." Amy spoke sympathetically. You nodded.

"Thanks for being concerned, Amy." you smiled at her.

"Kazuha, can we go somewhere, the two of us?" Amy looked hopefully at him. He shook his head.

"Sorry Amy, not today. I need to stay with (M/N)." he said, a soft look in his eyes. Was he going out with her? What was going on?

"Okay then." Amy looked disappointed, but she agreed easily. You whispered in Kazuha's ear.

"Whats going on? Is she your girlfriend?" you asked, a hint of irritation in your voice. Kazuha looked surprised, and shook his head.

"She's just a friend." he whispered back.

"You sure?" you asked.

"I'm completely sure, (Y/N) the Great-whose-words-are-always-true." he chuckled.

"Kazuha, (Y/N), we're going for shopping now! Come on!" your mom called. You followed her and Marsha into the mall. They went into a clothes store, where your mom dragged you to the womens' sector to get you new clothes. She brought out different dresses, hoodies, shirts and pants, trying to make you select one from every category. Kazuha stood behind, amused smile on his face, as your mom dragged you around.

The next place she took you to was a jewelry store, where she got you a ring that looked a bit identical to hers, with a beautiful amethyst embedded on it. You tried to make her change her mind, but she declared she'd have her way no matter what in her final days.

She took you to a desserts shop, and made you buy all the desserts you wanted, making you eat them. She brought Amy over to her side, so you could sit directly beside Kazuha. Your mom was too supportive of you, you chuckled.

She then took you to a games store, and bought a PS5 despite your saying no. She even bought a couple of games for the console, saying she'd have her way and you couldn't stop her.

She lastly took you to a DCKZ merch store. She bought a couple of merch, and said that Childe was her favourite from DCKZ, since his voice was so cool. You laughed at your mom's silliness, as she donned a DCKZ cap on her head. Even Kazuha joined in, saying he felt like he kinned Zhongli.

"Mom, you bought only things for me and nothing for yourself." you pointed out suddenly.

"Your happiness is mom's happiness, dear. You always told me to get these things for you, remember?" she caressed your cheeks fondly. You hugged her, and she stroked your hair lovingly.

"Thank you, mom. I love you."

"I love you too, (Y/N)."