Progolouge

Omasko422 sent me the google docs to her story! I can now post the chapters directly after all. Thank you! 

"No...James,"

Sirius came around midnight, to Godrics Hollow. The house he made memories in, was in ruins. The door was off its hinges. The windows were shattered. Pumpkins were destroyed. The walls were scratched. The once so peaceful house was in ruins.

Sirius staggered. His heart filling dread, stabbing at his heart with every step he took. The wind was creepily silent as if someone had died.

He heard the crunches of the wood as he stepped over them, the shabbles of the door he designed just hours ago.

He took a step closer to the door, hoping with all his might that his brother; his better brother was still alive, breathing the same air as he. He took a step inside.

He need not look around for there laying on the stairs as if in a peaceful slumber was the corpse of his brother, his best mate, James Potter.

"James!"

Sirius felt thick hot tears roll down his cheeks as he fell to his knees and as he let the sorrow fill his heart.

His best friend, his brother, the man who gave him a home, the man who is first his best friend is dead.

"No!"

He couldn't believe it. He just couldn't. He had to be alive! Sirius crawled to the body of his best mate, his heart shattering to million pieces as he stared into those eyes that were known to always have mischief and happiness, that now look lifeless, devoid of all emotion.

"Please...James...Say something,"

But he got no response from the body he still clung to as if he would be gone at any moment. But he should have known that there was no hope as he hugged the body. He should have known that he was already gone. That the man he clung to so desperately, was dead. Gone.

And he was met by silence. A dread he thought could never feel, filled his heart. The pieces of his heart, felt like it was being run over.

There was a muffled sound from upstairs making Sirius look up as he saw the stairs.

" Lily...,"

Sirius stood up, stumbling slightly, as he ran up the stairs, leaving the body behind. He looked through the hallway.

The hallway was dimly lit and he could hardly see anything but the room where moonlight can be seen.

Its door was also off its hinges as if someone blast through it.

He felt his heart being run over again. Harry. His godson. How could he forget?

He ran to the nursery, feeling his sweat drop as he skidded to the front of the door.

" Lily...,"

He felt it again. Lily, his sister's corpse was there, right there. Lifeless and cold.

He heard another sound, this time clearer. It was from Harry's blankets. A tiny ray of hope-filled his heart. He knew it was impossible. He knew that his godson couldn't have survived. But if he is alive, the only other one alive that he still loved, he would take his chances.

He slowly limped to the blankets. He could feel his heart thumping through his chest.

He took off the blankets. He felt joy, despite his best friend and his wife being dead, he felt elated that his godson was still alive.

There underneath the covers was Harry.

He picked his godson up and cradled him in his arms. He checked Harry's little chest for a heartbeat and sighs in relief as he found one. He looked over his godson.

There was a bloody scar on his forehead slightly to the left. No matter, it could be healed instantly.

"No one will hurt you, pup. I promise," Sirius whispered into Harry's ear.

There was a sound downstairs making Sirius whip out his wand and hug Harry to his chest. He wasn't taking any chances this time. He won't let anyone, NO ONE, hurt his godson.

There was a bit of shuffling downstairs, and a honking sound.

"*Sniff*!"

Sirius hesitated to leave from his spot. He could tell that the person or thing was huge and could've been Hagrid. But why would Hagrid come here in the first place? He couldn't have known that Harry was alive because both of his parents were dead.

But he wasn't a Gryffindor for nothing, so he got out of the room.

"Lumos,"

A light appeared from the tip of his wand, illuminating the hallway. He quickly walked to the edge of the stairs.

A big, no HUGE silhouette could be seen near the base of the stairs, near where James body lay.

"Ah," the figure said, blowing its nose on a table cloth, making a loud honking noise. "Sirius,"

"Hagrid?" Sirius asked cautiously.

"Yeh, It's me Hagrid," Hagrid said reassuringly, through his tears.

"What are you doing here, Hagrid?"

"Dumbledore's orders," Hagrid replied softly. "Told me to get little Harry,"

Those words made Sirius tighten his hold around Harry and raised his wand higher. "I am his godfather, Hagrid. Surely Albus would understand," he said

"Ah, but I've got me orders from Dumbledore. And he has 'is reasons"

That's true, Dumbledore always has his reasons, but Sirius wasn't just going to give away his godson. A sudden idea popped into his mind.

"Fine but just give me a second, Hagrid," he said hurriedly. He ran back to the room and prepared to cast a spell on Harry.

"Voca me exspectare," A black mist encircled the room starting from the tip of Sirius' wand. It encircled the two, wind billowing, messing up the hair of the godfather.

There was a dot in the middle of the mist. It seemed to be lengthening till it reached the pairs foreheads. Like connecting their minds. When the spell was done the mist faded away and Sirius was exhausted.

Sirius read the spell in the Black library when he inherited Grimmauld place. He knew it was dark magic but he was using it for light purposes so he wasn't really violating the rules. The spell was in a book of Dark Spells of the Most Ancient and Noble Family of Black.

The spell will use most of your magic and you have to be a Black to perform it. It will connect the minds of the pair, thus allowing you to speak to the other person without the need to speak.

Sirius still had the energy to stand up though. He walked out of the room, limped through the empty hallway and handed Harry to Hagrid. "Take my bike, I won't need it anymore".

As he watches Harry and Hagrid fly through the night sky, Sirius thought 'If I can't see him, I can at least speak to him,'

He then transformed into a big black dog to hunt a traitor rat.