Chapter 6

Yeah okay, I'm actually sure she suspects something.

Harry internally sighed.

Well, just keep out of her way, all right? And try to act like a normal dog.

Sirius looked at him and slightly tilted his head to the left.

What's "normal" mean?

It was a mistake not to look where he was going, as Padfoot soon discovered.

He ran headfirst into a small, chubby boy, sending both of them flying.

Ow! Shit! Fuck!

Harry tried not to laugh as the boy fell backwards, right onto his godfather and tackling the huge black dog to the floor. The poor kid just avoided slamming his head against the stone the way Harry had.

Smirking, the marauder in training helped the small boy up.

"Sorry for that. My dog is a bit irresponsible and tends to... knock things over."

Hey! 

"Oh, it's quite all right", the brunette huffed.

"I'm dead clumsy anyways- one more fall doesn't make a difference. I'm Neville, by the way, and who are you?"

Harry smiled. His godbrother seemed like a nice boy, if a bit goofy.

"I'm Harry Potter. And the clumsy dog is... Buck.", Harry said, cheekily naming his dogfather after Sirius' favourite book character. During a particular cold winter, Harry had read Call of the Wild and Sirius had listened, quite enjoying the story.

However, this name was not the name he fancied.

Hey!, he protested.

Couldn't you name me Thunder or Lightning or something like that? Something cool?

Harry internally snorted.

You love Buck.

Yeah, but the name sucks!

Harry decided to ignore his childish godfather. Instead, he smiled at the flustered, blushing Neville.

"You wanna sit with me?"

"Su-sure", the boy stuttered.

"Well, come on then", Harry said cheerily, heading towards the scarlet train. His suitcase was heavy, but he was a very strong boy. Harry might be skinny, but he was rather muscular from all the exercise he got. Harry enjoyed climbing trees and playing football with his not at all stolen ball.

They settled down in the compartment the marauders had always sat in. Harry immediately claimed the seat by the window that looked into the driving direction. Neville sat in Peter's old seat.

Harry traced his fingers over the bending wood of the window frame, searching the carving Sirius had told him about. When he finally found it, the breath caught in his chest.

J. F. P.

I'm gonna make him proud.

Of course you are, pup.

The other marauders had placed their initials there as well, but Harry could not care less right now.

One day, I'll add H. J. P. But not today. I'll wait a few years.

"You all right?", Neville asked concerned.

"Yeah", Harry smiled sadly.

"I just wish my parents were here today. Don't you?"