Chapter 10

The next morning, Harry woke up to Padfoot boucing on his bed. 

Harry, Harry, wake up! 

The boy attemped to ignore his godfather and rolled onto the other side, but the black dog was persistant. 

Harry, you've gotta get up! You don't want to miss breakfast before classes on your first day now, do you? 

At that moment, the young marauder couldn't care less, but his godfather was getting on his nerves, so he groaned and sat up. 

"I'm up, I'm up!", he protested as he ran his hand over his face and pushed his hair out of his forehead with his fingers. 

The dog barked and wagged his tail, mocking amusement shining in his eyes. 

"Padfoot, you're terrible", Harry muttered when he saw none of the other boys were awake yet and the scarlet alarm clock on Dean's bedside table showed they still had an hour until the end of breakfast. Yawning, the boy got out of bed and trodded towards the bathroom. A cold shower might wake him up. 

And so it happened that ten minutes later, Ron found his blanket being snatched away and the cool breeze from the open window rushing over him. 

"Mooorning! Ron, wake up, we're at Hogwarts! It's breakfast time!" 

When the boy started up, Harry moved on to Neville. 

"Nev! Nev! Wormtail junior! Wake up! Breakfast! Come on!" 

As it turned out, the shy Longbottom boy was much easier to wake up than Ronald. He squeaked a little, frightened at Harry almost bouncing on his bed, but didn't really complain and got out of bed. Ron on the other hand... had simply gone back to sleep. 

"Ron! Oi! Mate, wake up!" 

The ginger boy however simply snored on, entirely unbothered by his new best friend's calls. 

"Pads, would you do me the honour?" 

He noticed his slip-up quickly and so did Sirius, but sleepy Neville hadn't been paying attention and the others were all still asleep. The anxiety in the duo's eyes faded quickly and Sirius jumped right onto Ron. The boy started up at the weight and gave a small scream- then Sirius began boucing up and down, and took turns of barking into the ginger's ear and licking his face. Harry was on the floor with laughter. 

"GAH! Harry, get him OFF me! Your dog is insane!" 

"Sorry, Ron", Harry panted through his gasps of laughter. 

"But I DID wake you up, and you wouldn't- so I told P-Buck to help me out." 

"Not fair! You set this up? You're both crazy, you and that dog of yours!", Ron protested. 

Padfoot barked happily, looking like he was grinning, and licked Ron's face once more. 

"Fine", the boy grumbled and got out of bed. When he spotted the sleeping figures of Seamus and Dean- how they had slept through this noise, Harry did not know- a prankster smirk appeared on his face. He glanced at Harry and a matching grin appeared on his partner's face as they made eye contact. They crept up to their dormmates- and jumped onto them at the same time. The two boys screamed as they shot up while Harry and Ron were already running away from them, cackling evilly. 

Fifteen minutes later, three quarters of the junior marauders arrived at the breakfast table. Hermione was already there, reading a worn, leather bound book while eating her cereal.