Chapter 7

Harry knew better than to be disappointed, but he had certainly hoped her ignorance wouldn't spoil the moment. He found himself deflating a little, if only slightly.

"The marauders were the best prankster group to ever walk the halls of Hogwarts", he explained dramatically.

"There were four of them: my father, also known as Prongs- I'm going to be his successor- Sirius Black, also known as Padfoot and my father's best friend, that's Ron, Peter Pettigrew or Wormtail, Neville has received this position, and finally Remus Lupin as Moony, the brainy and responsible one. That is- quite obviously- you."

Hermione had a hard time following him ever since he mentioned Sirius.

"Ooo-kay", she spoke slowly.

"Your father was best friends with Sirius Black?"

Of course she would pick out that part, Harry thought. He was just glad Sirius seemed to have fallen asleep somehow- dogs. After all, he would have to call his dogfather a traitor to keep up the pretend they didn't know each other.

"Yup. That's what makes his betrayal this bad- they say he was their secret keeper and revealed the location. And Ron, you taking this place does not mean I think you are like that, it just means you're my right hand and best friend."

Ron nodded unsurely and Hermione seemed to have processed everything by now. She looked like the sort of person that distributed information like a metal recycling machine- she went through it, picked out the different parts and sorted everything into categories. It was then stored neatly to be used when she needed it. Or at least, that was what she looked like right now.

"I'd be honoured to become a marauder", she said finally, smiling widely and revealing her overly large buck teeth.

"It does sound splendid, calling yourself a marauder. And I hope I prove myself worthy of the position, but let's try not to get caught too much. Detention is a waste of time."

Harry grinned. Yes, she truly was Moony 2.0.

"You will, I'm sure. Alright, everyone! Who do we want to prank first? I say Snape!"

After some time, they had all their pranks for the first two weeks planned out and decided that after this beginning phase, they would start systematically pranking certain people. They had gone through all of Harry and Ron's numerous prank products. Hermione had clearly never played a prank in her life, but her ideas were brilliant: well-considered, unique and fool-proof. Simply by glancing at the map, she came up with several escape routes. Harry couldn't help but be in awe of her brilliancy.

The emerald eyed boy was all for regularly pranking Snape and the Slytherins, but Hermione insisted that wouldn't be very nice and they should instead prank those that were mean to others. In her opinion, they should use their pranks as revenge or to teach bullies a lesson. The twins insisted Snape would definitely be a victim then- however, he would hit back by making their lives hell.

Harry decided he didn't care as the man was bound to hate him anyways. And becoming a teacher's pet was definitely not on his bucket list, even though befriending Minnie would perhaps be a good idea. However, he would have to keep her away from Sirius.

In the end, they had all agreed they would simply decide when their "introduction" was over. Then, they would set up a prank schedule with seemingly random times for pranks that were really organised throughoutly.

Suddenly, a fat, grey rat appeared from Ron's pocket. Harry was immediately on guard- what if this was Pettigrew?

"Oh, this is Scabbers, everyone", Ron introduced his pet.