Chapter 1

Harry Potter as usual was sleeping at 6 am, until he was interrupted by his giraffe of an aunt.

"Get up! Now!" she bellowed. Or maybe vulture. Merlin only knows how she is still thin with whatever she ate with her whale of a son and husband. Harry opened his green eyes as the sound of tapping feet and a pan placed on the stove was on the other side of his door. He looked at his stack of food longingly wishing that he was up earlier so he could have had his breakfast.

Petunia was back and banging on the door. "Get up! And watch over the bacon! And don't you dare make a single one burn! I want everything perfect for Duddykins birthday!"

Harry groaned as Petunia rapped on the door again. "What did you say?!" she screeched.

"Nothing, Petunia,"

He didn't dare call her aunt. She didn't deserve it anyway, with all she did to him. And of course, how could he forget Dudleys birthday. His hair turned an angry red at the prospect. He didn't even want the toys and still complains about not having enough. He prepared for a temper tantrum the whale's gonna give the whole house, or luckily maybe just Vernon and Petunia. His hair returned to its messy black and streaks of white, at the thought.

He picked a sock and put it on. During the last years, he decided that he would clean up his cupboard. So there were no more spiders. He looked at the grey t-shirt (I know you know that it was THE t-shirt) he wore last night and changed into a baggy hand-me-down from the Dursleys.

Since it was 'Duddykins' birthday, all the attention would be on Dudley. But he couldn't be too sure. So to look like he didn't just steal, he wore the hand-me-downs so it looked like he didn't have any other choice.

He looked at the food longingly one more time before heaving himself up. His head bumped on the ceiling of the cupboard.

As he promised Sirius he did grow healthy. His height was average for his age but the cupboard was still small.

"Ow!" he said quietly.

He rubbed the spot on his head, messing up his already messy hair. He opened the door and went to the kitchen. It was, as always, spotless. Thanks to Harry, though the Dursley keep bragging it was their work, the kitchen was spotless.

He went over to the stove and carelessly handled the pan. (Don't worry its muscle memory. He won't get burned.)

He flipped the bacon carelessly. And dropped it.

Whoops, there goes the bacon, just like how much I give a fuck.

Mornin, pup.

What got you riled up in this ungodly hour?

Oh, did you forget?

What did I forget?

Its 'Duddikins' birthday.

Well, I'm happy I forgot.

I regret being reminded.

He rolled his eyes as Vernon entered the living barking at him to "Cut your hair! It's unnatural!"

Not that he needed a haircut, he could always shorten his hair whenever he liked, though the Dursley never knew that. For some reason the whites strips of his hair, he can't really change the colour so whenever the hair changes colour there was always a white strip of hair, no matter what.

"The only abnormal thing is your chin. It's gone," he grumbled under his breath as he carelessly flipped the bacon again.

Way back at Hogwarts...