3 - Sabrina Wright

Matthew's P.O.V.

I am waiting for them to finish their meeting. I really don't have any idea what's happening to me but something's telling me to wait for them. I wanna talk to Justine about the meeting, the company. No, that girl.

"What's happening to me?! What's taking them so long? I feel so uneasy now."  I am so frustrated, they've been in there for an hour and a half.
.
.
.
I keep on looking at my wristwatch from time to time to monitor how long have they been on that room.
.
.
After another 30 minutes, the door opened and Justine came inside.
.
.
.
"What are you doing here? This is not your office anymore. I thought you left already." Justine placed her files at the table and shrinked through the swivel chair.
.
.
.
"How's the meeting?" I looked at her with a wide smile on my face.
.
.
She looked at me while fixing her hair. "I don't think that you're the type of person who would be interested. Is something bothering you? Why are you still here? Do you wanna talk about something?"
.
.
.
.
"Hmm, honestly, there's something bothering me, someone to be exact." I replied while fidgeting my fingers and avoiding her eyes.
.
.
.
"And who is that? How does that person bother you? Do you want securities with you?" She was about to call someone through her phone so I stopped her.
.
.
.
"No, not like that sis." I defended myself but she quickly but in "Then what? Tell me."
.
.
.
"Who's that girl with you earlier? At the door? You know." This is so embarrassing. Will she tease me about it? Why did I even bother to ask her. I facepalmed while waiting for her response.
.
.
.
"Is that it? You made me worry!" She sighed, closed her eyes and slightly lowered her head. Seconds later she quickly turned her head and gave me a death glare with a smirk on her lips.
.
.
.
.
"Do you like her?". She started her barrage of tease so I'm defending myself. "No! I'm just curious. I just think she's... uhhm. Awesome, cool, cute, pretty."
.
.
"You can never lie to me and don't even think of lying to me. Her name is Sabrina Wright, she's a friend and daughter of one of our business partners."
.
.
.
"Sabrina Wright? I see. She's..." she cut me again, "I'm sorry to inform you but she has a boyfriend already and they seem stronger than diamonds, you should find another woman."
.
.
I stopped for a minute, I don't know what to say or how to react. She stood and walked towards the door. "I'm going home, you should follow too, we have a family dinner later." She said without looking at me and left.
.
.
I sank myself onto the couch. Why did I felt a sting in my chest? I just wanted to know her name but why am I like this? I transferred to the swivel chair and opened some files that Justine bought with her a while ago.
.
.
It's about investment requests, monthly reports and other stuffs. I scanned the pages one by one and when I reached the end of one of the papers, I saw Sabrina's name printed on it with her contact details! Is this a sign that I should try to get close to her or is this a stupid challenge?
.
.
.
I looked at it for minutes and decided to save it. I may need this for future use, who knows?
.
.
'Work here is done. I will go home now for that dinner.'
.
.
.
.
*******

When I got to our house, I saw dad reading a newspaper, mom beside him watching TV and Justine in front of them typing something on her laptop. I can smell the food being prepared by our maids. It sure makes me hungry.
.
.
"Where have you been Matt? Are you feeling good?" Mom stood up to check on me and to hug me.
.
.
"You should stop acting like he's 7. He's not a baby anymore Melinda." Dad chuckled and looked at me. "Did you take your vitamins for today?"
.
.
Mom looked at dad and crossed her arms, "Now look who's talking about babying someone? You spoiled this kid rotten."
.
.
.
Mom and dad laughed, they're so cute. A very lovely couple. Seeing them everyday like this makes me so happy.
.
.
.
"I'm good mom and dad, I was with Justine earlier at the company." I am finally able to reply to them.
.
.
A maid came and called us because dinner is served. We took our usual dining spot, prayed then started the peaceful dinner.
.
.
.
"This is so delicious!" I am savoring every part of this chicken. The meat is soft, it's so tasty.
.
.
"I think it lacks pepper and salt" Justine, the one who feels like she's an award winning chef all the time butted in.
.
.
"It's perfect! How dare you sis?" I furrowed my eyebrows at her and she looked at me with a blank face.
.
.
"You're just inspired and happy today, Matt" her blank lips changed into a smirk. The furrowed eyebrows are now raising up and down alternately. I gave her a deadly stare.
.
.
"Is there something we should know?" Dad asked Justine, making her chuckle. "Ask Matt, he's been longing to know..." she looked at me as she paused. I felt so nervous, I can feel sweat building up my forehead. Don't this girl even try to.
.
.
"Know what?" Dad continued to ask questions.
.
.
"It's nothing dad, Justine just forgot to take her medications today, you should be reminding her more than me."
.
.
"No, dad. He's interested in the daughter of Mr. Wright". She really dared to!
.
.
"Sabrina?" Mom finally speaks. "Sabrina is a great girl. Seems like you're right David, our Matthew is not a baby anymore"
.
.
The three of them laughed. My family can be sometimes crazy. Of course I had it from them.
.
.
"Cut it out, it's not funny!" They laughed even more after hearing what I said.
.
.
.
"Do you want help son? I can do something about you and Sabrina." Dad seriously said.
.
.
And that question occupied my head throughout the night.
.
.
'Should I put that into consideration?'