8 - Pancakes

Sabrina's P.O.V.

This is not who I trully am. I know I'm imperfect but I am not heartless. I don't wanna do and say things like this to Matthew.

It's weekend and I don't have work for today, I already finished my papers for this week because I wanna keep myself busy at office than being here with Matthew. I don't wanna give false hope. He is a good guy.

I went to the kitchen to grab some food. I saw Matthew sleeping on a chair, laying his head on the table with his arm as a pillow, with the chicken he cooked yesterday. It's wasted, he's wasted.

"Looks delicious though." I said in the lowest voice possible, "I'll just make a coffee now."

As I was stirring, I heard a voice behind me.

"Oh hey Sab, sorry I wasn't able to cook breakfast today, I overslept." He said and yawned after.

I ignored him and head on to the couch with my coffee. He followed me and stood beside me as I sat on the corner.

"Do you want to eat outside or maybe order something for breakfast?" He said with sleepy eyes and yawning.

"It's too early for you to ruin my day. Go now and eat on your own, I can handle myself."

"You need something to eat too, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You need energy to-"

"I said, I'm good. Would you please stop it?"

He left so I opened the television to watch some news, maybe a report about me or my company would be good thing to restart my day. After few minutes, Matthew returned with some pancakes and bread. He prepared everything in front of me.

He stood in front of me while staring so coldly.

"I know you hate me a lot but I want you to atleast try and hear me out."

"Do we need to go through this over again, Matthew?"

"All I want is, to show you that my intentions are true, I'm not lying with everything that I told you. Sabrina, I love you and I will do everything for you."

"Will you sign if I file a divorce?" I sighed and put my coffee down. He paused, he doesn't know what to say. I looked at him with a blank face. "Will you do that for me?"

"N-n-no. I don't want to be separated from you."

"Then you are not geniune. You're only doing things as you please, for your own benefit. You're such a selfish person, Matt."

I left and went to my room. He makes my head ache. He is such a troublesome person.
I laid on my bed and closed my eyes.

**********
(•#6 - So, you don't like pancakes with syrups either. Should I throw them away? I ran as fast as I could to pick them at a restaurant downstairs, you could have atleast took a bite.)
**********

Matthew's P.O.V.

After another week of being ignored and scolded. I started to plan again with May.

"Now, what should I do next?" I opened up the topic. We're on our company, I am planning to start acting up as the CEO again in order to show Sab that I can be responsible of something big.

"Monkey, you should try your best to know her and her ideals, not everyone will like the things that you like."

"And how is that possible when she's not even replying to me? Should I ask her boyfriend?" I mocked a chuckle.

"That's your problem. Maybe it's the time you give up."

"That's the least thing that I wanna do. It's too early for that. Tell me when you have a better plan."

"Will you increase my salary for this unnecessary job you gave me?" She laughed and that makes me laugh too.
.
.
.
.
.

So, it's all up to myself again. I can't think of a perfect plan but I found myself now standing in front of her door. I knocked before entering, she's resting on her swivel chair so I approached her.

"So are you here to get another rejection from me? For lunch? For business? For what today?" She looked at me and sighed.

I sat at the chair infront of her.

"I'm sorry if I always bug you, and for everything. I just want to know you and love you."

"Matthew, I already-"

This time, I'm the one who cut her words.
"I get hurt too, you know. I'm human too. I maybe childish and immature but I know what I'm doing."

She leaned back and stared at me. Is this it? Will she finally try and hear me out? This is the first time that I can look at her straight into the eyes. I can feel joy building up in me.

"Do you know that your sufferings are all because of you too? Your selfish desires?" She said straight into my eyes too. Now that joy turned to pain.

"Won't you even try to-?" I lowered my head to hide from those dagger eyes.

"Enough. I've had enough of you."

A knock was heard and someone entered. I haven't faced the person but he walked directly beside me infront of Sabrina.

"You ready? Let's go."

I faced the familiar voice and was so suprised to see Carlo. Sabrina stood up and walked away with Carlo. I am holding my tears back, how can they do this right in front of me?

'Another day, another tear in the heart'

Feeling the only type of love that gives pain. I thought love is pure and kind. I thought love gives joy and hope. But what is this?

It's so painful that I can't describe it.

I went home after.
Waited for her all day with another dish that I prepared.

I stood up late, so late with the flowers and chocolates that I bought.

I was so lost waiting, so lost that I am unaware that the sun is shining on me now.

Yesterday, she didn't went home.

'Unrequited Love, the painful love.'